fenbendazole

Discussion in 'Goats' started by MoBarger, Jan 11, 2005.

1. MoBarger

MoBarger Goat's Milk soap for sale

Liquid or paste? I have to make an investment in it pretty quick, 18 head. :waa:

2. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

I always prefer a liquid, much more acurate and usually cheaper to use because you use less, than guessing with the paste.

BUT!! Are you sure that Safeguard and Panacur even work in your area still, they do not work here, and the last instructions of 5 times the dosage, puts even cheap safeguard out of reach. Why not just get Cydectin? 58$ use it at 1cc per 25 pounds orally, and you likely will not have to reworm until they kid, or wean thier kids? Vicki

3. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

Hey Mo , Tractor supply has a bottle of ivermectin for about 40.00. Animal medic has it a little cheaper. I havea guy who comes by once a week. The also carry "agri-mectin" Same stuff just cheaper~ Patty

4. MoBarger

These are meat goats and will be kidding soon. I need to stick with something with a shorter withdrawal time and that will fight strongyles.

5. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

I can see the shorter withdrawl time, but that stuff wont touch stronglyes here.. just be throwing $$ away.. might as well not bother worming them

6. MoBarger

That's true you guys have a tough time :( I touched base with my vet and safeguard is a-ok here. She's not a fan of cydectin in goats, but in NY, doesn't have to be ;)

7. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

I was using Safeguard and Ivermectin alternating for my goats and thought I had it covered until I lost a kid to strongles. I used Cydectin on all my goats and they all got bigger, even my adults. Their collars no longer fit.

I'm in NJ