Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i never go to the doctor unless im in unbearable pain. since ive been living in the mountains i havent really been sick. here lately im tired alot, short of breath and my hands and feet swell up. any ideas? what herbal diuretics do you know of?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Busybee,
I have bought Diuretic 11 from the health food store. I live near Russellville Ar. The health food store is on 4th street, it's called Country Cupboard. This pill has potassium and several herbs, the main one seems to be parsley. I had the same symtoms and had high blood pressure. My meds from the dr are only about 3.00 a month but I keep the pills from the health food store is we are on vacation and eating out to much. To much sodium if I eat out much. Run by and have you blood pressure checked at the drug store or the clinic nurse. If it is high blood pressure you need to keep it checked. I have my own monitar to check it myself.

I hope you feel better soon.
Digger

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you, ill go look for the diuretic 11 too

·
Registered
181 Posts
I agree 100% with Tricky Grama!!!! GO to a Dr. !
I am the first when it comes to 'doctoring' myself, but heart is nothing to mess with! Once you have ruled that out then look more to alternative medicine.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i went to wally world this evening, and did the blood pressure machine, it said pre-hypertension

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill try to get an appointment somewhere, i dont have a regular doctor because i dont ever get sick enough to have one. thanks for all your support

·
Super Moderator
16,475 Posts
busybee870 said:
ill try to get an appointment somewhere, i dont have a regular doctor because i dont ever get sick enough to have one. thanks for all your support
Busybee, I hope and pray that you have been to a doctor by now.

Because these syptoms CAN be an indicator of a serious problem. It does not matter what the B/P machine says, you need to see a doctor.

If you put off seeing a doctor with these symptoms, you can end up with something serious. A stitch in time saves nine, see a doctor before things get serious!!!

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
busybee870 said:
ok, i never go to the doctor unless im in unbearable pain. since ive been living in the mountains i havent really been sick. here lately im tired alot, short of breath and my hands and feet swell up. any ideas? what herbal diuretics do you know of?
Edema is a symptom of a bigger problem. The problem might be oxygen levels in your blood due to the higher altitude. I would suggest possibly taking a good multivitimin with iron. Iron increase red blood cells, which is very helpful at high altitudes because more red blood cells are needed to transport oxygen to the cells (and remove toxins which could be the source of your swelling problem). Also, you might look into pharmeceutical grade hydrogen peroxide - 35% I think, (NOT the over the counter drugstore stuff!!!!). It does a great job of oxygenating the body and can boost cellular oxygen levels considerably. It is also a very good cancer preventative. Also, upping your Vitamin C level to as high as two grams per day can help with oxygen intake. There are also products in health food stores which you can put into regular water that increases the oxygen levels.

When I was forced to spend a lot of time in Colorado during the past 10 years, I had a lot of problems due to the altitude and discovered these things. I too had a lot of swelling in my extremities as well as leg pain, and general feelings of lethargy. They helped me. Maybe they will help you too.

donsgal

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Tricky Grama said:
busybee, I'm concerned, those are symptoms af heart failure, among other things, can you go to a doctor?

Patty

I was thinking the same thing.I had the same and have Heart trouble.Plus I started getting Sores that took forever to heal.

But because of the poor circulation last few years I've had numorus Bone troubles.

big rockpile

·
Super Moderator
16,475 Posts
YES, these can be symptoms of congestive heart failure!

And, only a doctor can diagnose for sure. So, it is off to the doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASAP, or else we will worry even more!

·
Registered
224 Posts
busybee870 said:
Hi busybee---I use Dandelion tea as a natural diuretic. It works good!
I too hate to go to the doctor. I have been researching and learning to doctor myself more and more with Homeopathic remedies, vitamins, supplements, herbs, etc. I was using dandelion for something else entirely and noticed the diuretic results. I looked it up in my Herb book and sure enough it is listed for this use. Couple cups a day.
***I hate to bring up unpleasant possibilities, but being unusually tired and out of breath, plus swelling, are all symptoms of possible heart problems, high blood pressure. Maybe clogged artieries. I would go for a heart check up at least. Could be very serious. And at least you will KNOW If it is something like that or not. Also; high blood sugar (diabetes) has some of the same symptoms.
Also, if you have High Blood Pressure I know a wonderful herb tea made from flowers that really works. It brought my BP down 18-20 points. I drink some each day.
Take care and hope you feel better soon. . :) ..Patsy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts