Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Goshen Farm
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting here on the puter listening to the wind in the trees. It is 70 degrees here in Cochise AZ and it smells like fall. I think it is a couple of months early but who am I to say.

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
.............Our first cold front showed up on Friday with wind but no cool air , the high was 103 ! High on Saturday was ~78 or so , cool air finally arrived and low was 59 , was really nice sleeping weather . Maybe our hot weather is finally over . , fordy

·
Premium Member
40,999 Posts
Its pretty strange for this time of year... but the feel and smell of fall is in the air here in the hills of Ky too. Had to have a fire last night!

·
Banned
292 Posts
55 here in Vermont. Was 39 this morning. No this isn't usual for this area. We went from 80 degree days to 60 in about 2 days. Been cutting wood like crazy the past few days. I thought I was on schedule but now I'm late! Still got to;

Finish harvesting the garden
Freeze/can everything
cut& split another 2 or 3 cords
Spread out all the manure
clean the stove pipe
till over the gardens and plant my winter rye
Get more hay in the barn

Whew the way its going I'll be done sometime in May.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Yeah, it really cooled down in PA too. Nights are in the 40's - and while we might have a few nights in September in the 40's, we are well below the usual.

I keep hearing about having another hard cold winter - I have to think that is the correct forecast - but I think we are going to have an early winter.

The first frost is usually in mid to late October - I don't think that is going to happen this year.

I'm a beekeeper and was just out looking at the beehives. They are busy - seem to be more busy than usual - it almost looks like they are flying in and out with urgency.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts