Feeling up my goat

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Croenan, May 24, 2005.

1. Croenan

Croenan Well-Known Member

:haha: Thought that'd get your attention. I am trying to guess if we are gonna have 1 or more babies in my pygmy mix goat. I have to do SOMETHING to kill the time waiting for her to go into labor!

I can very easily feel one moving around and I feel alot of fluid/empty space. Its probably her first kidding and she is huge and has already bagged up. She is small like a pygmy but doesn't look like your average beer keg...she is rather petite and narrow. She was a stray that needed a home.

So, from your experience, can you usually feel more than one? Can they carry the babies more down on the bottom of their bellies too?

2. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

Let see the evidence :)

Most of us to really know if a doe is bred blood test.

Even the very best ultrasound readers can't get how many kids with any predictability, and they are looking inside the goat not feeling around outside. :bash:

So no I don't think you can feel your way through this. She will have 1 probably, 2 maybe, and 3 unlikely...now older she will have 2 probably, 3 maybe and 4 unlikely...as a 3 or 4 year old, she can have 1 single or 5, and you won't be able to tell by looking, they just simply enjoy way to much keeping us guessing, it's a conspiracy. :D Vicki

3. goat mother

goat mother Active Member

I Know How You Feel. We Bought A Alpine 6 Weeks Ago And It Was Said She Would Kid In 2-3 Weeks, She Still Has Not. Just Yesterday She Started With A Little Stringing And Her Bag Is Starting To Fill Up. It Is Driving Me Crazy.the wait. She Only Had 1 Kid Last Year, This Time She Breed To A 100% Boer. She Is Beautyful And As Sweet As Can Be. She Loves Huggs. My Husband Says She Is The Smartest Goat He Has Ever Seen.

The Surprise As With My Own Briths Of My Three Boys Not Knowing And Watching Is The Greatest Part, The Days Before Kidding Is The Hardest. You just Want It To Happen So Bad And They Take Their Time..........
    Just How I Feel
    Felica