Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
17,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY GF won a Prize from the good folks at Murray McMurray Hatchery At the Indiana state fair. Shes been so excited waiting on her chicks to get here!
:banana:
They were scheduled for this week and sure enough Monday she gets the email they were shipped.
Pins and needles ever since.
About 10 am she gets a call from the PO distribution hub in Champaign.
"Excuse me how many chicks where in your order?"
her:" 17 hummm why?"
"Well the box fell off the machine last night and when I came in we were gathering them up, I wondered if I we had them all"
:facepalm:
her: "A, A, A, Ok we will come get them"
"Don't worry they are on the truck right now ,it leaves in 5 minutes for the local hub and will be delivered today"

Well I happen to know my PO only gets the mail once a day in the Am so I went in to ask them if we could go get the chicks at the local hub.
As we come in the door they greet us with "Champaign called and your chicks are on the way we are going to run down and pick them up on our noon hour!"
:thumb:

Wouldn't you like to have been there in Champaign last night? I visualize a bunch of employees crawling around a acre of machinery going "here chicky chicky chicky"
:rotfl:

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
"As we come in the door they greet us with "Champaign called and your chicks are on the way we are going to run down and pick them up on our noon hour!""

They aught to be singing when they arrive:
Jeepers, creepers, where'd you get those peepers?

:D

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
That's funny image.

Hope all is well.

I thought you were going to talk about a Previous Owner, not the post office.... ;)

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
I worked in the PO for a short while . When chicks came in they got special attention like being put in the warmest draft free location. Every one wanted to see them.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hooray for the PO! We ordered some baby chicks and the local PO called us on a Sunday and told us our babies were there and that we could come and get them. The people were in there working and opened up for us even tho the PO wasn't officially open that day. I doubt if UPS or Fed Ex will do that.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Sounds like the PO could have used a chick magnet. I think Harbor Freight sells them.

Thanks for the giggle.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts