Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
12,241 Posts
I keep them all seperate except for the donkey and he gets what the sheep get. Your biggest problem is finding a suitable mineral, they can use. All the animals except sheep will need copper in their mix, I'd think the composition would be different in other regards too. I have seen a sheep feeding area with a low rail entrance that kept Equines out and would probably have kept cattle out too. Kind of like a creep feeder. No good for keeping the goats out but perhaps they can be together to eat.

· Premium Member
12,241 Posts
I hope you'e right about hair sheep. Woolies will not die imeadiately from eating copper included mineral it accumulates in teh liver and is released in toxic doses when the animal is stressed, weakend, or there is simply too much to cope with. There is a way to remove the copper with zinc rich minerals so perhaps the particular type of cattle mineral is high in zinc. I don't know the details of what would be needed though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.