Feeders & Breeder pigs available

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by beeman97, Jun 28, 2005.

1. beeman97

beeman97 Well-Known Member

WE have 5 weaners ready to go here, duroc X berkshire's 9 or 10 weeks old now, We also have a Tamworth boar & barrow ready to leave as well, 4 mths old, & We also have access to pure bred, registered Berkshires, 1 sow, 2 boar's & they are 3 mths old.
    Pm me for pricing on the tams & berk's, the feeder X's are $60.00 each unless you take all 5 & then i will go alittle less.
    All of our animals are raised on pasture & only fed natural grains & suppliments, no chemicals, hormones, or garbage.
    We are located in Roxboro N.C. right on the Va border.
    Thanks
    Rick

2. bill not in oh

bill not in oh Well-Known Member

Hey Rick - wish you'd move to Ohio. I'd buy 'em. Can't find anyone here with Duroc / Berkie cross (yet...).

Bill

3. beeman97

Bill,
    Come on down & get them ,, heck it's only a day down & one back, we can put ya up for the night no problem, besides what else have you got to do this weekend ,, lol

4. NewlandNubians

NewlandNubians Well-Known Member

I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full and it said you don't accept emails. I hope you get this...

I am interesting in your pigs you have for sale. I need three. I just want something to put on goat milk and butcher in the winter. I live near Roanoke, VA and saw you are three hours away. Do you ever come up this way? If so, could you meet me? You don't happen to have any runts, do you? I have found they almost do better on the goat milk than a good, healthy weaned pig. Plus we have to go so long before butchering, I hate to fool with a pig much over 300 lbs. and it's almost hard to keep them from putting on two pounds a day (-:

Also, would you want to barter for anything? Name what you are looking for and maybe I have something you might be interested in.

5. beeman97

Cathy,
    Sorry about the pm box beeing disabled, i wasn't aware it kept every message i ever sent to anyone & counted that against my total allowed, it is fixed now though.
    We still have some left but no Runts, & as far as bartering , at present there really isn't much i need execpt to pay all the expences i have had raising these pigs.
    & I have mapquested roanoke to downtown & it says 2.5 hr ride, i can eaisily make it in far lass time then that, i routinly go up to lynchburg & 81 & make staunton in 3 hrs.
    We will be traveling up that way at the end of next week but will be loaded for a camping trip & won't have room to haul pigs.
    All my time up until we leave is already booked so coming to meet you somewhere will be very hard for me to pull off.
    We will be here though if your of a mind to come get them.
    just let me know
    Thanks
    Rick

6. rcornish

rcornish Well-Known Member

Is the tamworth boar registered or registerable?

Thanks,
    Ray