Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention Twitter users:

The Feds are spending 1M to create a database to track "hate speech", misinformation and what they consider false and misleading ideas.

Wonder how they determine what is "false and misleading"...mmm..
I don't use Twitter but I can bet that this will soon be expanded to other social media as well.

The National Science Foundation is financing the creation of a web service that will monitor “suspicious memes” and what it considers “false and misleading ideas,” with a major focus on political activity online.
The “Truthy” database, created by researchers at Indiana University, is designed to “detect political smears, astroturfing, misinformation, and other social pollution.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ack-hate-speech-on-twitter/?intcmp=latestnews

I assume I am on a list somewhere because I come to HT and other similar sites, and I am sure FB is monitored. However, prior to this public announcement, I was never positive that there was a database somewhere tracking this sort of information.

Now I am SURE.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Here.. .lemme give them something to stick in their DB... I hate the government and everything they've turned into and all the problems they are causing this country..

There.. now maybe they know how I really feel :D

·
Registered
11,394 Posts
Yeah, I posted this on the political forum.

People's attitude is "so what's new?"

I think the left is getting so blatant there's going to be a large backlash. Dunno if it'll be in the courts, in the voting booths or on the streets.

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
Just a few more steps toward becoming Canada, England, Scandinavia, etc, where charges can be brought for saying/singing/writing the "incorrect" thing.

If I think their definition of "social pollution" is incorrect and harming society can I bring them up on charges?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It's OK. I know of the 3 programmers which have graduated from IU. They will never make this work. Now if the Gov decides to require Twitter to implement the system we are in trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts