February & March Seed & Plant Exchange

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by tallpines, Feb 14, 2005.

1. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

Remember to copy and paste any of your posts from the previous month's exchange if they are still in effect.

2. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

HAVE : mini indian corn,
    mixed sweet peppers incl.chocolate white yellow and red/orange ,
    Jalapenjo seeds ( these were grown seperately so no CP problems)

WANT : Giant pink banana squash,
    white pumpkins
    Mangel beets,

updated: 3-21-05
    still looking for these, and still have the mini indian corn ( good decoration, and for popping too) and pepper seeds

will send sase as well, anyone can you help me out ?

3. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Hi, I have a TON of sugar beet seed. Did a viablility test and they are good. I'd like to swap for some of your bantam corn, please. If you'll send me your addy I'll get some beet seeds in the mail for you.

Edited because I had a sr moment and put my address on the forum instead of pm. Yikes!

4. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Cyngbaeld, do you still want some Persimmon tree seed? If so, PM me your address and I'll get them in the mail to you. :)

5. dustin2112

dustin2112 Member

How much do you want for your persimon seeds??, I would love to start a small grove of persimon seeds on my property for the deer and other wildlife.

6. birdie_poo

birdie_poo Well-Known Member

Seeds

Heirloom please
    Leek
    beet
    tomatillo

Starts or Bulbs
    elephant garlic
    asperagus (mine continue to die just before 2nd year harvest!!!)
    sunchoke
    sweet potato

I have avocados, eggs of: emu (through March, maybe), Bourbon Reds, silkie, wellsummer, americana, and if you are close enough to physically trade, I will have ducklings in March/April, Giant Flemish bunnies in a couple of weeks (ready in 6-8 from there), or we can just barter something out.

7. shorty'smom

shorty'smom Well-Known Member

I have seeds for "chineese beans." My sister-in-law is Thi, that's what she calls them. They look like yard long beans maybe? She grows them from the beans she grew the summer before. She gave me some and I liked them, so I got some seeds. I don't have very many now, but I will later in the summer. These plants need a tall trellis, but SIL grows thim in her small suburban backyard so they'll fit in a small space. and produce a lot of beans. You have to twist the beans off so you don't knock the blooms off for the next pods. We stir fry them and they are crunchy and delicious. She also has peach trees she starts from seedlings from trees in her yard. So far 4 of them, and the peaches are deliious for eating fresh, canning and freezing. This is zone 7

I'd like heirloom tomatoes of any kind, any kind of flower seed, I like large zinnias. I'd like hardneck garlic bulbs, if anybody has any. I'd also like to have some lilly of the valley pips, daylilies (any color other than orange, but orange accepted) and any color of Iris tuber. I love Iris. Please tell me if you've got double hollyhock seeds!

Can you start hibiscus from seed? SIL has some that are gorgeous and I want some.

8. luvrulz

luvrulz Well-Known Member Supporter

Most hibiscus you can start just by taking a cutting and sticking it in the ground! They grow like that very easily and you might add some root grow or some such similar product, but it's really not necessary. Try one cutting and see how they do for your area! We transplanted them in Florida all the time!

Would love some of those seeds to try them. But I'm not sure what I have to trade.... Hubby puts the seeds somewhere in the dark so let me check and I can maybe work something out!

:D
    Thanks! Joellen

9. bonnie lass

bonnie lass Semper Fi

I have a clump of siberian iris that makes seeds, and I have a few left if you would like to trade for the beans. I also have 3 hardy hibiscus in the yard that were started last year from seed, supposed to bloom this year, we'll see :D

10. reneeearle

reneeearle Well-Known Member

I am interested in some sugar beet seeds. I would buy them from you. I also would like to have some directions on how to process this stuff so that I could use if for sweeteners. Thanks,
    Renee

11. Caelma

Caelma Well-Known Member

Are any of you willing to sell some seeds?
    I haven't anything to swap this year, sorry

12. birdie_poo

birdie_poo Well-Known Member

I have some herbs and artichoke seeds. I have some heirloom toms and peppers coming...more than I can plant, I am sure.

What is is you are looking for?