Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my spare car to my ex-wifes best friend in January this year. Great little 88 Honda, only 144,000 miles. Even let her pay for it in payments since she had no money.
She didn't register the car in her name. Didn't get insurance. Got tickets. Ran up mechanic bills. Totaled car, had tow truck bills. Little over $1000, so far. Collection agency is coming after me, cause the VIN number on the car runs back to me. Just hope there isn't more out there.
She has disappeared, ex-wife will not help me find her. My lawyer basically says that I might as well pay it, it would cost me more to fight, even though I have bill of sale.
Lessons Learned:
1. Send registered letter to Dept of Safety notifying of sale
2. Keep All Documents (which I did)
3. Stay away from Ex Wife

galump

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
I think #3 is probably the one that will have the most future impact on your life :)

Sorry that being a nice guy turned around and bit you on the behind. We need all the nice guys we can get in the world.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Didn't you sign the title over to her? (Didn't she have to sign the title in front of you at the sale of the vehicle? We MUST do that here in NM.)

If so, you have a chance at it.

pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.