Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I get bored growing the same tomato same potato same everything and get a little adventurous. WELL it happened again this year (seem to be on a 3 yr rotation) :) and went exploring online and found some companies and here they are :

Main Street Seeds: Notified by email they have recv'd order was not notified when shipped But was very timely in under 7 days. was out of 2 of the items i ordered. I think I ordered 12 to 14 seed packets. EXCELLENT pricing as everthing is sold by offers and i think I have enought Cucumber squash and carrots for 3 years (2400 carrots for 1.50) :help:

Reimer Seeds: Notified by email both for recieving and shipping my order. Bought 3 packs of seeds cost me 13.75 for tomatoes and Kermit eggplant but HAD to have em LOL recieved in under 7 days as well

Baker Creek: Notified by email both Recv/d order and shipping order. Good pricing Flat shipping rate ordered $ 30-40.00 worth of seeds rec'vd everything I ordered in under 7 days.

Would Like to know everyones favorite seed companies :baby04: or their worst :nono:

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
I'm in Canada, so my favourite seed company is Lindnberg's. They have most varieties I'd ever need, and can depend on the qulaity and choices. My feed store also is a dealer, so I can order anything through them from the catalogue and just pick it up at the feed store with usual visits there for feed and what not.

http://www.lindenbergseeds.ca/

·
Adventuress--Definition 2
4,174 Posts
I have tried many but Le Jardin du Gourmet remains my favorite because I love to try new things and I have a tiny garden so I don't need a pound of seeds. Someday, hopefully, that will change but I'll still order from them as I have since 1984 or so. (This year's beans are from seeds saved from sampler packs purchased in 2004; same with the cornichons.) https://www.securewebexchange.com/artisticgardens.com/catalog/

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
1:R.H. Shumway -I love their catalog..old timey wood cut type pictures.

2:Jungs -may own Shumway or vice versa they have a lot of the same pics in their catalogs..but they have a store close by so we pop in occasionally

3:Gurneys- Been using stuff from them forever

4:The local Amish hardware store..Hene's..For basic stuff you can't beat their prices anywhere.

·
gracie88
913 Posts
My favorites are Nichol's Garden and Territorial Seed Company partly because they have fun varieties, but mainly because they are local and test all their seeds in the same climate and soil I have. Takes a lot of the guesswork out. I also like One Green World (plants, not seed) because they have such an interesting variety :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.