Favorite Herb Links

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by Hummingbird, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

2. katlupe

katlupe Off-The-Grid Homesteader Supporter

This isn't a site to buy anything on, but it has become one of my favorite herbal sites. It gives you very good pictures and recipes of the different wild herbal foods and shows you how to harvest them. It is called Prodigal Gardens.

The herbalist who has this site, Rose Barlow believes in the tradition of healing through optimal nourishment using simple, safe herbs found in our own backyards, prepared by our own hands. She specializes in nutritive herbs, developing recipes for wild foods and integrating wild food into modern diet and lifestyle. She does conduct workshops.

This is what I am working on in my own life. I hope you all will at least take a look at this site. It is a site of learning.

katlupe

3. Hummingbird

This is VERY cool! I've been checking out this site along with many of the links she provides for the last hour. Thank you!

4. Hummingbird

Here's another one, especially for those of us who like to provide our own foods/medicines.

www.foraging.com What a ton of information!

5. AnnaS

AnnaS Well-Known Member

6. Jerngen

Jerngen Perpetually curious! Supporter

I'm sure this has been posted here before but I just "discovered" it. Good site for learning what is edible/medicinal in your neck of the woods. :)
    http://altnature.com/

Edited to add: in my unexperienced but wanting to learn opinion! :baby04:

7. woodsmokeinherhair

woodsmokeinherhair it's bout quality of life

I wanna insert my recommendation for rosemountainherbs. They had some herbs that I had read about in some of my older herb books and I wanted to buy them, but had trouble finding. They had these herbs in small quantities (4 oz and on up) and what I considered good prices. All of the packages they sent me this week are dated as being packed in Dec 06. And they were quick to send me what I bought.

Woodsmokeinherhair!

8. marinemomtatt

marinemomtatt Well-Known Member

I order from MountainRose on a regular basis. I have found if they send something you are not happy with they will replace it with no further cost to you.
    And...the stickers on the bags can be pulled off and used to label jars (for better herb storage)
    Horizonherbs are great folks to work with too, great place to get fresh herb and root.

9. shepmom

shepmom Well-Known Member

One source I have ordered bulk herbs from -->
    http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com/

Run by a homeschool family in Mn. Quality items, never been disappointed with my purchases. Shipping is high.(UPS)

10. homebelle

homebelle Member

11. InHisName

InHisName Well-Known Member Supporter

try the backyard herbalist- lots of info! www.earthnotes.tripod.com , also San Francisco Herb Co www.sfherb.com (have ordered from there with good results a few times) The bulk herb store is great- good books, too.

12. crafty2002

crafty2002 Well-Known Member

I have been looking through the sites and Lord there are a lot of stuff on here. Can anyone point out a certain site that deals with herbs for bad back and neck pain.
    Thanks
    Dennis

13. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

Wow! This is one of the best sites I've seen in a long time! I think this will be my new favorite for a while! Thanks for posting it!
    Blessings, Jillis~

14. HerbaLust

HerbaLust New Member

http://www.KratomPro.com/

15. motdaugrnds

motdaugrnds II Corinthians 5:7 Supporter

16. Sparticle

Sparticle Well-Known Member Supporter

How have I not seen this thread before?! Most of my favorites but three are here:

Kiva's site for information:
    http://bearmedicineherbals.com/author/admin

I usually just go to google type "Kiva Rose" and the herb or condition I'm researching and google takes me to one of her writings. She has several blogs she contributes to.

But I do that with all herbalists I like. The others are Jim McDonald and Lady Barbara's Garden.

Jim's site for info:

http://www.herbcraft.org/

You can buy herbs from Lady B and that's where I go first to buy tinctures I don't make on my own.
    http://www.ladybarbara.net/

If she doesn't make it, then I go to Mountain Rose herbs and on down the list, all the rest already listed in this thread.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  17. Osiris

Osiris Guest

Wow, you guys are amazing. This is a great thread and so vital today.
    Thanks loads. I can't add anything except maybe a quote.
    "A weed is only a plant who's benefit has not yet been discovered." - Don Kessel