Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Premium Member
23,117 Posts
well how many saw where they are puting worms in our hamburgers yes MC DONALDS yes the biggest chain says they are well i don`t eat fast foods anyway
Sure am glad that I do not dine at the Golden Arches Dinner Club -- worms or no worms.

Reactions: Cabin Fever

· Registered
1,120 Posts
DW and I are picky but when either one of us make a run to town and need something it's McDs. It is consistent and these days the beef is fresh, supposedly. For us we have travelled nationally and internationally. It we were unsure of local food we'd do McDs in a heartbeat. That's one thing about them world wide. Like em or not they are consistent.

Of course there are always horror stories.

· Registered
22,203 Posts
The McDonald's worm burger myth has been circulating for more than 40 years. I remember hearing it when I was a child.
Yep. These myths linger and never make sense when you think about them. I remember back in school the myth that some car company had invented a carburetor that got 100 miles per gallon but were keeping it off the market. Any company now or then would have to be stupid to do that. They aren't in the oil business and a carburetor like that would be a huge seeling point. Back to the worm myth. Anyone who prices fishing worms knows they are higher per pound than beef.

· Registered
17,105 Posts
Our local Facebook page has regular postings of someone's burger without meat, or raw or smashed or something from their trip to the McDonalds. Having a few crawlies under the bun wouldn't shock me.

· Registered
119 Posts
Night crawlers are around 30 bucks a pound. Those would be some high dollar gourmet burgers.
And when McDonalds pointed this out... People got to wondering... Just what could be cheap enough to make their burgers from...

People usta talk about Roo burgers and Whinney wedges...
Both would be good...
But its probably true that they are 100% beef... lips, offal, pink slime (remember pink slime?)

· newfieannie
10,850 Posts
It takes two full weeks without any food at all to starve to death...How hungry (or far away) can you possibley be that you can;lt just wait 'til you get home and cook for yourself?

i'm sure many of us here do. last time i had fast food my son was driving and he stopped by Mc and bought us some fish fillet . that was in 2016. course when i'm out shopping i'm never more than 15 min from home.

i must say i use to like the big macs(burger king had a good one also at that time) and when my first husband was alive we would go there often but that's over 20 years ago. i just like my own food and i know what goes in it and how it's prepared ~Georgia

· Premium Member
17,418 Posts
Do you remember the story where a couple bought a bucket of KFC chicken to eat at a drive-in movie? Since it was dark in the car, they couldn't really see what they were eating. One of them felt that one piece of chicken didn't seem right. They turned on the car lights and realized she was eating an extra crispy rat.

· Premium Member
23,117 Posts
Do you remember the story where a couple bought a bucket of KFC chicken to eat at a drive-in movie? Since it was dark in the car, they couldn't really see what they were eating. One of them felt that one piece of chicken didn't seem right. They turned on the car lights and realized she was eating an extra crispy rat.
Yes, I remember that one.

When I was a kid, we used to sing:

"McDonald's was my kind of place
Til I saw Ronald's face.
He's such a dingaling,
I switched to Burger King.

The last time that I went in there,
They took my underwear.
Put ketchup up my nose,
Mustard between my toes.

And don't forget those tasty shakes,
They're made of ground up snakes!
McDonald's not my kind of place!"

• Haha
Reactions: alida and Wolf mom

· Registered
2,996 Posts
i remember them saying that 40 years ago
I remember that...around here the target was Wendys. I'll never forget Wendys worm burgers. This crap pops up every so often... just like cat meat in Chinese food. What surprises me is that some people are gullible enough to believe it.

Around the time of the worm burger thing there was a book that came out titled "The Book of Lists". One of the lists was how many bugs, bug parts and bug eggs, along with hairs (both animal and human) and other contaminants, the USDA found acceptable to be in the food they inspected. They also listed the average of said bug parts were in food.

Don't look up the list if you're squeamish about such things.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts