Farmtrac Tractor

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Fire-Man, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Well-Known Member Supporter

I have decided to get a Farmtrac Tractor with a frontend loader. Now the Question I am facing is Should I get the 535 or go for more HP(and Money) and get the 545? I am not a farmer so I was thinking the 535 should be all I need. Anyone got either of these---and can help me decide!! Thanks!! Randy

2. jross

jross swamper

Consider the weight on the type of ground you intend to work. Some of the Chinese tractors are heavy for their rated HP.

3. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

Bigger is better. Also with a front end loader it would be wise to consider 4 wheel drive. Its easy to sink the front wheels with a full bucket. I used to use a small Kubota with a loader that would have been useless without 4WD

4. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

I like the Farmtracs also, and I will probably sell my current tractor in a year or two and get one. I would go with the 545DTC. There's not much difference in size between the 535 and the 545, and there'll be times when that other 7 horsepower will come in handy. The DTC is the 4WD version, and I agree with Bearfoot on that; you will DEFINITELY want the 4WD with a front-end loader.

5. Jolly

Jolly Well-Known Member

It's not Chinese.

545 would be my choice. The footprint is pretty similar, and has been said, 7 ponies sometimes make a world of difference.

6. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Well-Known Member Supporter

I feel I have went against everyone's replies, But I got the 535 with Loader. I feel it will do what I need. I only got the Loader to just be a Helper to my Back, move slabs/sawdust from the sawmill, fill a hole, not to get into landscaping etc. My land is the type that it can rain 1" and I can go out and cultivate the garden 30 minutes after it stops---Not boggy at all. Thanks for the input!! Got to Go and PLAY!! Randy