Farmers Market Workshop

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Windy in Kansas, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

From "The Hutchinson News" ag business section----

LAWRENCE - The fourth annual Kansas farmers market workshop will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 19 in Buildings 1 and 2 at the Douglas County Fairgrounds.

The free workshop includes Jeff Cole, the director of the Federation of Massachusetts Farmers' Markets. Cole will speak about market management, balancing the mix of vendors and customers, market promotion and managing conflict.

Cole works directly with more than 40 farmers markets with all the management aspects of building successful markets.

ETC.

For more information, call Ruth Smerchek in the Agriculture Marketing Division of the Kansas Department of Commerce at (785) 296-3034 or at rsmerchek@kansascommerce.com.
    =========================
    Maybe some of you that are considering starting a farmers market should plan a vacation around this workshop.

2. Windy in Kansas

Bump up back to the top so more can see.

3. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Gee I wonder if I can convince the exec I need to go to Kansas at their expense.............

4. Windy in Kansas

Ross----if you can get permission to come that far I'd travel the 200 miles so that I could buy lunch. Probably dinner too. Well, if I could get the day off.

A lot of the program reads like it is geared to the growers and not just the market operators. I'd like that aspect more.