Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime back I posted the question about whether a Farmall H would pull a 12ft. disk. Well, it works. True, I do have to run in first gear at high rpm but it's doing it. When I get some more money, I hope to move down to an 8 ft. disk as that will be easier on the tractor but for now, I'm getting by.

·
Premium Member
7,154 Posts
Either that or move up to an M Farmall. Have you pulled it on fresh plowed ground yet. They pull a lot easier on hard ground like weeds or cornstalk fields.

·
Premium Member
8,867 Posts
brosil said:
Sometime back I posted the question about whether a Farmall H would pull a 12ft. disk. Well, it works. True, I do have to run in first gear at high rpm but it's doing it. When I get some more money, I hope to move down to an 8 ft. disk as that will be easier on the tractor but for now, I'm getting by.
Yea, I'd consider looking for the M, it might be cheaper - everyone seems to want a little disk these days & bids them up to a fortune, and the worn out ones one finds needs $800 of blades & repairs.....

A disk does a little better with a little speed to it, like 3rd or 4th. Throws more, does a better job.

As the other pesron said, be real careful in spring - disks usually take about 2 times the power/ traction in soft spring dirt as they take in fall. At least, be prepared for that.

Glad it is doing something for you, have fun. :)

--->Paul

·
agmantoo
10,852 Posts
Take some of the outside disc blades off. You will need to get some worn out disc blades to cut down for spacers to replace the blades you remove.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts