Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this here, because it affects all of us. People need to start thinking about how this will affect their farms and families. This is a huge beaurocratic nightmare, and it is fixing to happen right on our farms. Please go here:

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/7866226.htm

Little Bit Farm

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
:) Thanks Little Bit. I can't imagine why our Govt would persue another beaurocracy! We have proven ourselves perfectly capable of introducing diseases and contaminants all by ourselves with no help from any outside source! I am with you...wasteful of money and time and who is going to bear the brunt of the mess? Us!

WE are doing the best we(our Govt) can do by going after those slimeballs elsewhere, I don't see the point of more rules and regulations. Like they would help anyway. snort!

LQ

U

·
0 Posts
When the Department of Homeland Security bought the town of Playas, New Mexico through New Mexico Tech, their published intention was to provide training for agricultural anti-terrorism, among other things. Apparently there are several large companies planning on setting up offices there to do research with the anti terrorism scenarios. The area was told that there won't be anything dangerous going on there, but you know how truthful the government is.

·
Registered
6,977 Posts
This is a response act, they are acting on all of the input they have gotten after the mad cow episode. The majority of the public depends on the mass produced food and they are scared of the chance of it becoming contaminated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

- Ben Franklin, "Historical Review Of Pennsylvania", In Politics

Little Bit Farm

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Golly, it sounds like a very worthwhile program to me. The hoof and mouth outbreak in England is a classic example. Delays allowed it to spread until major areas had to have all of the cattle, sheep and pigs killed. Had they had the ability to hit it hard and early, the damage to the livestock industry there may have been far less.

Looks like nothing more than a program to be prepared when something does happen.

Ken S. in WC TN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts