Farm tags

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Countrybumpkin, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Countrybumpkin

Countrybumpkin Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the DMV still give farm tags to trucks? I haven't seen anyin Ohio for awhile...just wondered-I only use our old truck to get seed, and lumber for around the farm, and thought the farm plates just might be cheaper to run-if I can! Thanks!

2. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

We live in MS and have one on our truck, but they sure didn't "give" it to us. ;) :haha:

3. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

yes you can still BUY farm tags in ohio but you need at least 20 acres and the truck needs 2 b a 3/4 ton or larger, thats why you see so many non comm. tags there just easer 2 get thats all

4. Darren

Darren Still an :censored:

In WV you can get a farm plate which has an X as the first character on the license or you can get a farm use sticker which doesn't require a plate but has more restrictions on the use of the truck. Neither require inspection. The X plate is cheaper than the regular B plate for trucks. If I recall correctly it's about half the cost.

5. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

...............Don't know....about..OoooHioooo , but here in Taxes\Texas I just renewed my "Ranch Truck" license plates and I always wear my OverHauls when I go to the Courtinhouse ...so I "Look" the Part , if you see my point . Actually , I just dress the way I always Do so No changes were Needed . Our state and federal officials have imposed so Many "usage" taxes on every Facet of our lives that I will exercise every point of Legal leverage that I can TOO save a few bucks . The farm\ranch\agricultural lobby in Texas is very organized and will squeeze the "nads" of any legislator who even Thinks about trying to change the "Ag Exemption" laws which are Very user friendly here in Taxes . I put ranch tags on my 77 f250 , and regular tags on my 1999 PSD diesel . Ranch tags are 42\year and regular truck tags are 75\year I thimk . fordy.. :eek: :)