Farm stand

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by steff bugielski, Jan 28, 2005.

1. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

I am posting here as well as the cooking and crafts-
    I am planning my stand for the spring and would like to extend an oppotunity to all of you. I would like to expand my venture and include organic honey, jams, jellies, salsa , or whatever you have and make. I prefer organic . I even have the facility to have frozen muffins, breads or quiche. Any one interested in joining me ? If you are close I would even take cut flowers, herbs and veggies or fruit.Let me know
    steff

2. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

Steff, I think this is a wonderful idea. I wish we lived closer. I've been trying to stir up interest with homesteaders in my immediate area, to pool our items and set up a stand or even just a table at an existing farmers market. I am planning this into my "long range" goals. Good luck to you.

3. Corgitails

Corgitails Well-Known Member

Living next door to a farm stand (in upstate NY no less :D) for almost 2 years, I applaud your courage- the one I lived next too was well established, well patronized, with great stock and good sales and still barely hanging on- it seemed like such a fine line with enough traffic & $$$ to generate sales = high property taxes and tourism loonies....

4. .netDude

.netDude Well-Known Member

5. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

I am in Fallsburg, sullivan county. I have been selling my produce,milk and eggs for years. I do very well. I have a unique situation, We have a few apartments which pay for the taxes as well as utilities. Both of us work at home. Mike maintains the apartments and I am a seamstress. The spring and summer is ours to play. We also live in an area with a number of Yoga and Krishna retreats, Both of whom buy lots of organic merchandise. We also have a huge influx of hassidic jews over the summer and they eat nothing but organic produce. Last year I made more than $3000 profit. not bad. I would be willing to purshase those item upfront, no consignment needed.