Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bovine and Range Nerd
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pics I've been taking over the last while. Enjoy.

At the end of the day

Grazin away

One of many grasshoppers infesting the pasture(s) this time of year

Looking down the fenceline to the otherside of our property yonder

Sun appearing over the thunderheads

An old grainery nestled in the trees

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,668 Posts
Nice photos. I like the contrast and texture of the grasshopper picture. Something about the old granary, too. I like that one.

NeHi

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I don't take up much space and I could live in the old grainery,and I would be a big help around the farm! I'm ready for adoption!

Thanks they were beautiful pics and its a beautiful peaceful looking place. How cold is it in the winter? I assume from the steep pitch on the grainery that you get a lot of snow.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Lovely, just lovely, makes me pine for home, I grew up in saskatchewan. Beautiful place!!
And just to but in about the snow question, the praries get lotsa snow and can get to -40 in the winter.
corry

·
Bovine and Range Nerd
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone!

I have a Fujifilm A500 5.1 Megapixel camera...and I'm very pleased with it...

It can get down to about -40 C, but most often the coldest is around -35C. And quite often we get about 3-4 feet of snow.

Actually, the old grainery pic is from when I was with some family visiting my ancestor's homestead, which is about 30 miles south as the crow flies from where I live. But yes, still the same amount of snow and cold as further up north.

When I come back from a bit of a reprieve from the city in Sept., I'll have more pics to share with yall.

Thanks again. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.