Farm Open House, All Welcome, Sunday, April 3rd

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by shelbynteg, Mar 18, 2005.

1. shelbynteg

shelbynteg Well-Known Member

If you're in the SE Texas area, or can get here, you're welcome to join us at our Goat Dairy Open House and Raw Milk License Celebration. It will be Sunday, April 3, after 1pm. Map to our place is on our homepage :

www.analagoatcompany.com

We're serving food and sodas/tea, we're having live bluegrass music, and just plan celebrating the long road to legitimacy! You will probably want to bring some folding chairs, oh, and pray for sun.

We're located roughly 40 miles Southwest of Houston.

It would be fun to meet some of the local participants in the forum. Hope to see you there.

2. Sparticle

Sparticle Well-Known Member Supporter

Hot dog that sounds fun! You just might see me there, I live in Brookshire Texas. I'm totally interested in goats as well and raw milk. I think you guys did something not too long ago that was in my Home Concerts email that I get am I right? I know there was a bluegrass home concert in beasly on a goat farm not too long ago that I missed. The person who sends the notices out has been sending them out the Friday before the functions happen and I've missed the last few. Looking forward to it.

3. VALENT

VALENT Well-Known Member

I hope to make it out. I talked to my wife and we both think my son will enjoy it immensely.

4. Sparticle

Sparticle Well-Known Member Supporter

Dang it I wanted to go so badly! I can't make it now because my baby brother is coming home and I haven't seen him in 6 years (he went to prison at the tender age of 22 ). He comes home on the 5th and my parents need me over there that weekend before to get a room prepared for him and we need to go shopping and get him clothes and try to get the old run down truck fired up for him. I sure hope you do this again sometime.

5. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

Sounds like such fun! (Wish I didn't live so far away...) Good luck with the milk sales :)

6. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

WOW, sounds like lots of fun. but michigan, is too far away. but I do hav my own raw milk.

7. ltbloom

ltbloom Well-Known Member

Just want to report that I went to the Open House, it was great!
    Thanks for the hospitality!
    I couldn't stay long, had the dogs in the car, but I enjoyed visiting with the goats and chickens and dogs and, of course, the friendly folks.
    I took home a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs, my first taste of goat's milk. Should have gotten more, love it!
    I'll be back for more, for sure.
    Gundi

8. VALENT

VALENT Well-Known Member

It was definitely a fine gathering. Congratulations Shelbynteg on some gracious hospitality. Thank you for having us.