Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Single Urban Homesteader
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I decided to start looking for an internship on a local farm for next season. Today, I was contacted by an organic CSA that raises pastured meats!!! I'm so excited about the opportunity to get some hands on experience. I had suggested a barter for the work, and they offered a full share in exchange for at least 4 hours a week, which is awesome :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Good deal! It would be interesting knowing the workings of such. Several large produce farmers here in the valley. but all of their help is seasonal migratory workers. I know of no CSA's here. Hope you keep us up on the operations.

Reactions: viggie

·
Conscientious Disrupter
4,246 Posts
Good deal! It would be interesting knowing the workings of such. Several large produce farmers here in the valley. but all of their help is seasonal migratory workers. I know of no CSA's here. Hope you keep us up on the operations.
Yeah it is. Now that's the kind of bartering I can get behind. Way to go viggie!
LJ, look here for a map and a little explanation of things.

http://www.localharvest.org/

viggie got me looking in my area. I found one not too far away that does shares with wwoofers. That's what I love about all of HT. Great info just around the next corner.

·
Renegade Gypsy Queen
2,126 Posts
THAT is awesome Viggie! Truly...it's nice to hear of places that will do that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts