Fall Homestead Gathering NE Texas

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by robinkd2, Aug 19, 2004.

1. robinkd2

robinkd2 Active Member

Due to the enormous interest and limited space, I have had to remove the invitation. Robin

2. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

..................I think that's an excellent idea . I thimk I've got some extra Chips, , etc . I'm assuming this will be for One long day , Saturday . Are we going to have seminars on various subjects such as .....building an outhouse that looks like a Well house????? Just kidding......There should be a fairly large turnout as i think there are quite a few Po' country folk who post here on the Forum...........fordy..... :eek: :)

3. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

Oh!! Tee Hee!! You guys are only an hour away!! Want some self healing info/massage therapy?? I can bring my chair! *wink* Could you post what the 'terrain' is like? Outside, bring food, etc... I'll email.

Y'all bring your veggies and 'barter' items if you want a good massage!!:):) OR a goat... or ?? LOL!

4. Dances In Woods

Dances In Woods Well-Known Member

Hey...we live in Henderson. :) Well...actually about 8 miles out. Sounds intriguing.

5. robinkd2

robinkd2 Active Member

We are planning on demos starting at 10 in the morning and running through about 5 in the afternoon. Demos planned are rabbit butchering, incubators, quilting, sausage making, sassafras tea, worm composting, general farm animal care and the rest is undetermined. Lunch will be covered dish. We will supply the meat and ask everyone to help out with the fixins. Please bring whatever drinks (non alchoholic) you will want throughout the day. Also, we would appreciate a head count so we will be prepared for all who come. Please email me if you wish directions. Robin

6. OD

OD Well-Known Member

This is such a good idea!!! DH & I are planning to be there.

7. quietstar

quietstar Well-Known Member

Great idea Robin! I'll go anywhere homecooking and visiting with good folks is in the plans. Thanks to you and your sister for making it happen....Glen

8. Janene in TX

Janene in TX Member

Big Bummer!! I am currently working full-time delivering very rural mail (I'm a Part-timer; but my boss had surgery not too long ago) so I won't be able to make it unless I pull some strings. I AM the 'back-up"--& *I* don't have a 'back-up'. LOL
    I will keep an eye on this post, tho & keep 'abreast' of things! Great idea, tho!!