Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its here waited all year for this time of the year. I told dad last night i was hoping to enjoy some time on the water and in the woods he said, "you better, that's your very best thing you like to do"! Told me to take pictures for him!! So today i went and got my license and tags for archery deer season. The Smallies are bunching the shad up in the river and feasting on them, (perfect time to be fly rodding forSmallies).
Deer archer season is open tomorrow, let the harvest begin!!!!

Why is this posted in the singles section you ask? If you have to ask i can't explain it to you.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
This time of year is so beautiful. the trees are changing yet we still have summer insect sounds at night . Cold one day , hot the next . The air at night is cool yet still soft. Every moment outside is precious as soon winters cold will be upon us. Natures bounty displayed on the branches of apple trees, winter squash in the garden.

Venison jerky, apple pie, baking bread, putting up the last of the hay !

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
This time of year is so beautiful. the trees are changing yet we still have summer insect sounds at night . Cold one day , hot the next . The air at night is cool yet still soft. Every moment outside is precious as soon winters cold will be upon us. Natures bounty displayed on the branches of apple trees, winter squash in the garden.

Venison jerky, apple pie, baking bread, putting up the last of the hay !
You make it sound so romantic!

·
Have a Great Day!
5,197 Posts
Here Ya go Why-just completed 3 days of Yellow Perch fishing on Lake Erie. When I close my eyes in the shower-I feel like I am still swaying from the waves*

The first pic is 7 miles out.
The second is leaving the harbor
The third are the Coast Guard Boats-I like boats almost as much as tractors!
The fourth is the Bascule Bridge, at the mouth of the Black River.

All of these photo's represent early Fall to me, this is when we try to fill our freezer's full of Fish

Attachments

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those boats are built as well as a tractor, most CG vessels will take a rollover and keep on going! I know Lake Erie is not place for dumb boaters it will eat you alive. Fresh Perch, i can only match that with a shore lunch of fresh Walleye! By the way this is perfect time for Walleye here as well!! Thanks for the pics. Tom!!!

·
Have a Great Day!
5,197 Posts
I did not get to go out trolling/drifting for eyes this Year-But All of the local anglers did Great!-it was a near record year! The eyes are going to be coming in at night this Fall, as the water cools down, I'll be casting crankbaits from the beach*, I can't wait! My Friend is an old eye- pro, He lost interest the past few years, but he says in the Spring the boats going in early, and He is going to show me how to slew eye's!

One of the best things about living in Northern Ohio-is fishing!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update, while i have no pics. I ended up taking part of the day off yesterday, I was wading and caught 4 Smallmouth Bass on a top water Pecks #2 popper with my fly rod. All were in the 12"-14" range and all went back into the water. I ran into an fellow fisherman that knew my best friend Gary, (the buddy i lost last month) we exchanged fishing stories about fishing with Gary and he had a couple cold beers. We made a toast to Gary and had a beer! Beautiful weather, days like yesterday here are becoming fewer and farther between! Great day to be sure!! LOLOL I need to ask the neighbor kids how to post a pic. on here!:hammer:

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
In the quick reply box below there is a manage attachments button. Click that, then browse, choose a photo then upload!! Easy peasy!!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not called windows they could be called

air quality control openings :thumb:

free air firing positions:banana:

fire friendly observational portholes :buds:

But i agree that is a fine looking deer stand, ohh um i mean outhouse! LOL :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts