fairly dumb parents and spongebob sqare dork

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Speciallady, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

:help: :help: :help: I just can't take it anymore!!!! Every day it's the same shows Over and over. and the kids love it. I think they couldn't be any dumber. and it drives me crazy that they show the same one two to three times a week.

2. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

Wow, your TV doesn't have an on/off switch?

I think we have NICK on our satellite, but most companies also come with parental controls. They're a great deal. Block what irritates you.

3. Anita in NC

Anita in NC Well-Known Member

Some of the kids shows seem really dumb to me but the kids seem to really like them.

If you don't like them limit them to ones that you approve of or limit their TV time.

Some of the kids shows are really cool. How old are your kids?

My 7 and 10 year old like Code Lyoko and Avatar Air Bender. The 3 year old likes Little Einsteins and of cause Magic School is always a great show.

4. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? :D

I loved Spongebob when I was 17. I still have a couple of favorite episodes but I've grown out of it.

My favorite shows back in America are now anything sci-fi and Dog the Bounty Hunter :D

Kat

5. AR Cattails

AR Cattails Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah, they do play the same ones over and over again and I find that true in most syndicated shows also. I do like to watch Spongebob sometimes when it is on. He's a funny and quirky little guy. :)

6. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    NOw now SpecialLady. And how often did we rewatch Bugs Bunny Whats Opera Doc? My Uncle Armand who sang opera professionally considered that cartoon a work of Satan. Or Popeye endlessly fighting with Bluto? Or the insanely adolescent puns of Rocky and Bullwinkle? And my mother still rants about my devotion to the daily episodes of Dark Shadows. And how many mothers tore out their hair over the Three Stooges? Or Superman?

It wont rot their little minds. Most of us turned out to be rational adults despite the fact that we can recite bits and pieces of Warner Bros cartoons by heart. They will grow out of it and while they are mesmerized, what better time to wrap a few Christmas presents or go soak in the tub and finish that Dame Cartland novel you have hidden under the mattress. :p :rolleyes:

Now everyone sing along.....Kill da Wabbit...kill da Wabbit :baby04:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEP7kDErc4[/ame]

7. Michael W. Smith

Michael W. Smith Well-Known Member

I always thought the same thing about Sponge Bob. And then, I actually started to watch it with my son. Once you start watching it, and get to know the characters it gets funny.

If you watch it, you will pick up on some things that aren't just for kids. There is an adult "content" in some of the shows.

Watch it with an open mind and you might even start to enjoy it. Then you and your kids can watch it together, discuss some of the events, etc.

8. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

I'll trade you a day of Sponge Bob for a day of "I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I am. I would not eat them here or there, I would not eat them any where..." When Kristin was little we read that no less than five times a day. It didn't turn her developing brain to mush but I'm not so sure about my own.

9. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

Trust me Michael, I do watch it. It's just the over and over and over thing I can't stand.

Hey popeye and bugs were cool. Along with Jem and the holigrams, strawberry shortcake, smurfs.

Yes I do have an on off switch, but the kids have an hour afterschool where they can watch what they want, and these too just happen to be the ones they watch.

10. Becca65

Becca65 Well-Known Member

I love Spongebob!! especially Patrick, his voice is fun to imitate! :)

11. Farmer Willy

Farmer Willy Well-Known Member Supporter

Watched spongebob when the grandson lived here. For the last 3 years I've been given everything spongebob--shower curtain, waste can, curtain hooks, shower sponge holder thing, stuffed spongebob patrick squidwert. Spongebob interactive dvd video trivia game. It comes wrapped in spongebob wrapping paper. My house was being taken over by a queer cartoon character with little girlie man legs. Finally, at the risk of hurting the kids feelings, I took the cowards way out and asked the Mrs. to beg off anymore spongebob stuff. So far so good. Still, if I start singing Danny Kaye musicals in the shower.......wait a minute, does 'White Christmas' count?

12. GoatLove

GoatLove Well-Known Member

I am a Spongebob fan myself! Love it :)

13. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

I think it is the same as all of us who have watched the reruns (over and over) of Gilligan's Island where the Skipper is captured by the "natives" and yadda, yadda. It's fun, mindless entertainment.

My brother and his two boys all sit and watch spongebob and they all love it.

Kind of hard to see the harm in it.