Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NJ Rich
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is the best place to ask this question: What do you suggest?
I need a fabric glue or adhesive to make sand bags out of the bottom section of legs of blue jeans.

The sand bags are used to support the end of rifles when sighting in at the range. They hold the rifle steady so some fine adjustments can be made to the sights. I saw where someone had done this on another website but I can't remember where it was. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, NJ Rich :)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
gosh, I look forward the the glue answer too!

I don't know of any fabric glue that would be able to handle the weight of sand.

However, I would stitch the bag all the way around leaving an opening just large enough to turn the bag right side out. Using a funnel to fill the bag and then perhaps glue the hole closed. When dry, I would stitch the 1-2" opening that was glued closed. Just to assure no sand leaks out or breaks open.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would use neither. Sewing is the only way to insure that your sandbag holds your rifle where you put it.

You can take your pants bottoms to a alterations shop and have them stitch the bottom and top for you. After filling I would use a needle and thread to close it up with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts