ez milker

Discussion in 'Goats' started by ma1bob, Jan 3, 2007.

1. ma1bob

ma1bob Victory Gardener

I just got my copy of countryside magazine in the mail today. In it was an article on ez milkers. Woohoo, what a great invention! I couldn't wait to check out the website and order one.

STICKER SHOCK!!!! $183.95 for goats.

Obviously the manufacturers and Countryside magazine has us homesteaders confused with rich people.

Oh well, back to hand-milking.

Cheers

Bob

2. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

Go down and see what Jan in Co has to say about her experience with this.
    mary

3. Hip_Shot_Hanna

Hip_Shot_Hanna Well-Known Member

4. Jan in CO

Jan in CO Well-Known Member Supporter

Bob, I just returned the second one I bought through ValleyVet supply, at 107.00 It is IDENTICAL to the one the company sent me for goats, same sized inflations or cups, exactly, but sold as a milker for mares. I still have one, just very hesitant to use it on any of the does. The first one I used it on has one teat that looks black in spots, and the skin is now rough. I really felt like I followed the directions, too. If I keep her milked out, by hand, she stops dripping. Otherwise...not good.

Other people swear by them, think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't know what to tell you! I even got a breast pump, manual type from a gal on freecycle to try on first fresheners if I had any with tiny teats, but so far, haven't tried it.

Good luck!
    Jan in CO

5. HazyDayNubians

HazyDayNubians New Member

Hi i looked at a E-z milker and found one for goats for only 45.00! it milks more then a ez milker I have 1 and it works so good Maggdian Milker! Go to goat911.com and it's under Miggie Lemans web-site!

6. Hip_Shot_Hanna

Hip_Shot_Hanna Well-Known Member

Can you just give Miggie Lemans web site?

7. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

For that price I would be interested in one for my nigerians for when they kid. Anyone find the site, please post. Thanks.

8. YuccaFlatsRanch

YuccaFlatsRanch Well-Known Member Supporter

9. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the website. I also enjoyed the video. I hope that some of you that have the other type hand milkers will look at this one and respond with your thoughts on this one.