Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A neighbor called to let me know that Extreme Home Makeover on ABC, right now, is doing a home for a family who has 6 children -5 of them autistic. They are supposed to build a home tailored to the needs of kids with special needs. Dh is trying to get the antenna tuned in.....I thought some others here might be interested.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
It's good the family will be getting a new home, but hope they will be able to afford the TAXES when they come due.

There has been several familes that has lost their home due to the EXTREME TAXES after Extreme Makeover finished with them.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is really sad! Right now they are talking about a picture system for a nonverbal kids room. Interesting to me, since my son has been ruled not autistic, but is totally nonverbal.

So far, I am glad DH got the antenna hooked up because we have been sitting here saying "I can do that for less than $10!" It's giving us some really good ideas for our large family and our developmentally delayed son (I hate the term special needs - all kids have special needs!)

I am really sad at the one child of their who is not autistic. She is having to be an adult way too soon. I hope her room is a very special escape for her!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.