expert advise needed

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by stumpyacres, Jun 8, 2004.

1. stumpyacres

stumpyacres Well-Known Member

Can I put 10-10-10 pellets in the garden sprayer - the way I would miracle grow without burning anything?

2. suelandress

suelandress Windy Island Acres Supporter

Can't give you "expert" advice. Will tell you however, that the free 20-20-20 fertilizer I got (I don't use non-organic....this came free with a seed order) says to dilute to 1/4 strength for foliar feeding. I guess that would make it 5-5-5

3. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

You may have a problem getting the granular disolved well enough to not plug your sprayer.

4. Paquebot

Paquebot Well-Known Member

You would never be able to dissolve the phosphorus third of 10-10-10. That part comes from 20% super-phosphate which in turn is made from rock phosphate. It would look like dissolved limestone when wet. In fact, there is close to 200 pounds of filler in a 10-10-10 formula and that is usually limestone.

20-20-20 could be dissolved since the phosphorus there would come from triple super-phosphate which has a phosphoric acid base. The formula for that would have no non-soluble ingredients.

Martin