excited for babies!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by ilikefathorses, Dec 5, 2005.

1. ilikefathorses

ilikefathorses My Horse Really Is Fat

We're in the middle of breeding season, and our first doe is due in February. I am already working on baby names. Does anyone have suggestions for baby names? The goats are Alpines.

2. Shazza

Shazza Well-Known Member Supporter

My Pugs are fat too!!!
    When naming them might I suggest you get the pedigrees out and see if you can go by the first letter of the mother....or find a theme to go with....easier with a theme or letter narrows it down a bit otherwise it is very hard.

3. Eunice

Eunice Well-Known Member

(This is the same person as ilikefathorses, I'm on my Mom's login...)
    Well, our main doe's name is Blackberry. We've already had a Blueberry, Raspberry and a Huckleberry. I've thought of a Strawberry, and am running out of otherberries.
    THe other does are Carmel, Lolly Pop, Marshmallow,Tizzy, Tilly, and Tessy.

:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

4. natybear

natybear Well-Known Member

don't forget marion berry.

I love naming babies, we had a black boer doe that I just felt was a pippin, of course I thought that was a bit to much of a boy name so she became Piper. My first goat was named Bella, when we were trying to get her a buddy she was in the garden with me and as I was planting flowers I looked back at all that I had done and sure enough, Bella ate the flower off of every petunia I had planted. I realized she loved the petunias so the goat that I picked out was going to have to look like a petunia. I ended up getting the craziest little doe and she was just perfect as a Petunia. Petunia is now 6 and has had so many babies (3 a year). Her kids include: Daisy Mae, Snap (dragon), Nasty (nastersium - buckling), Calla Lily, Lily of the Valley, Shasta Daisy, Rose..

Did I mention I love naming baby goats? Especially when there is a story behind it, those are the best!

5. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Lets see...Mullberry, Poisonberry ( not sure if this would be a good name or not), and i will see if I can find some more. Bye.

6. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

THE LOGANBERRY
    THE BOYSENBERRY
    THE YOUNGBERRY
    THE MARION BLACKBERRY
    KAYBERRY
    THORNLESS EVERGREEN BLACKBERRY
    RED RASPBERRIES
    BLACK RASPBERRIES
    Here is where I got the info....http://www.oregon-berries.com/cx1/cx1a.htm. Good Luck, bye.

7. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

boysenberry?
    Gooseberry?
    nannyberry? lol
    i go to www.babynames.com and www.yeahbaby.com These are people baby name sites, but I name mine in ABC order as i get them, so it works well for me!

8. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

I've named some goat kids names I would have named my own kids, were I able to have any: Tiffany and Melanie. Then, with Melanie, I went with a theme and named Melanie's 2 daughters Leila and Jeordie after the folk singer, Melanie's kids. I've given some goats god and goddess names: Apollo, Isis and Phaedra. I have a goat I call Goat Flower because she reminded me of a flower when she was little. I named her daughters Orchid, Iris and Tigerlily. Blossom's daughter is Buttercup. Then we have Andromeda, Rayna, Razzle Dazzle, Mercedes, Mystique, Melia, Sherri and others, named either from baby name books or just the way they are marked. I've wound up selling goats with names I really like because they didn't have show udders or I just plain have to sell down the herd every fall. I just try and have fun when I name my kids.

9. travis91

travis91 Formerly 4animals.

if you get twins name one zig and one zag you could also subsotute ziggy and zaggy

10. travis91

travis91 Formerly 4animals.

or tic and tac,ticky and tacky