Everyone say hello to Paint Crazy...

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by cricket, Aug 9, 2005.

1. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

I'm writing this hoping that she gets back on the board. She's my mama and when I showed her this site she fell in love. Anyway, keep an eye out for her...and don't let her fool you. She's an extremely talented, knowledgable person. (Love you mom! :rock: )

2. Nan

Nan Well-Known Member

Howdy Paint Crazy! Welcome! The more knowledgeable input the better!

3. Gayle in KY

Gayle in KY Gadabout

Paint Crazy, if you don't start posting after that beautiful introduction, I sure don't know what could get you involved! What a wonderful thing for a child to say about their mother. You must be very special to have raised such a loving, caring child!

4. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

She still hasn' gotten her activation!!! So she can read it but not post....Don't worry, she'll be on here before long and then everyone Watch out!!!

Thank you for the hello's....I've been telling her how wonderful everyone is on this board.

5. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

6. Shambalah

Shambalah Well-Known Member

Oh how sweet!

Welcome Paint Crazy.
    I'm looking real forward to your postings. :)

7. 1/4acre

1/4acre Well-Known Member

Hi there Paint Crazy. Hang in there. It took several weeks for me to get activated too.In the mean time I just read and learned.

8. Paint Crazy

Paint Crazy Member

Thanks for all the kind invitations. Cricket is very special and I enjoy she :angel: and her family very much. I feel very lucky that I am a part of their lives.....

9. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

10. NativeRose

NativeRose Texas Country Grandma

Hello. Paint Crazy. I am curious what is the meaning of your name? Are you crazy about paint horses or do you paint crazy? Lol

Welcome and have fun. I do.

11. Paint Crazy

Paint Crazy Member

Reference Native Rose - I love to paint. I am a member of the Decorative Painters and we paint anything that doesn't paint us first. I have a grand time with it but I didn't start until my children were grown and gone. Therefore, they are very surprised when I paint something that is worthwhile. My friend and I were invited to the White House last year to see my ornament that I painted on the tree in the Green Room. My children still stutter over that one....Once upon a time in my wild and wooly youth I had a paint horse that my father bought from a man in Oklahoma. The horse was named King Michael after the man we got the horse from. I rode him a long time before he was hit by a car and died.

12. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Welcome, Cricket's mama! You have any chickens? If not, go get some and join us in the poultry forum!

13. Paint Crazy

Paint Crazy Member

Hey Cyngbaeld - thanks for the invite to get involved with chickens, but I think I had my fill of chickens when I was a child. I just enjoy watching Cricket's poultry family grow and the enjoyment the family gets from all their exposure. Animals are a fantastic education for youngsters.

I get my pleasure of chickens out of painting them. I shock my family on occasion with a dandy picture or two.....

14. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

LOL!!! I just got a mental picture of Paint Crazy chasing down chickens with a paint brush, since she'll paint anything that won't paint her first!

Welcome, Paint Crazy! :)

Pony!

15. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

WELCOME :clap: You must be one special lady to have such a loving introduction from your daughter.... And the White House, too!

In another life I used to be a production painter of ceramic bells (oil wash)and wood placks (pallet knife). Life took it's turn and I quit painting. Moved here and set my home up so I have a big activity/craft room (no TV). I dream of getting back to it. Some day - not to worry, it's still on my list.

16. Paint Crazy

Paint Crazy Member

Hey Wolf Mom - Your painting history sounds unique and interesting. I have not earned much money by painting, but I can only dream. I have relatives in Arizona and I have vowed that I will fly to AZ, rent a car and drive to Tempe, Douglas and Tuson and catch up with my relatives - maybe I'll go by White Mountains too. Have they ever ben featured in Arizona Highways? My brother would send that magazine to us and I would just dream of an opportunity to actually see some of that country first hand. I hope you can get back to painting soon.