Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone to 2 different Wally worlds looking for a pattern for 4 legged dog PJs, Simplicity 3939. Both were sold out. No fabric shops around here. I really wanted to try to sew up a pair this weekend. I guess everyone is making their dog PJs :grit:
My greyhound needs something to protect her from cuts and scratches. Her skin is so thin, she's had stitches twice and just got another gash this week. I've tried the cape style but when she rolls over it gets twisted, so I thought one with legs would stay on better without chocking her. Because if you know greys you know they spend most of their time sleeping in odd positions. Anyone else making PJs?

·
Registered
258 Posts
No Need Here. My Doxy Just Curls Up In My Favorite Recliner Under My Thick Winter Housecoat. And He Is All Smiles About It. He Knows His Legs Are Too Short For Pj's Anyhow.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the pattern at another Wally world 45 min away. It said it contained small medium and large. But after opening it and reading the info, the large is 17" back length. My dog is 24". I guess their idea of a large dog is a beagle. So how do I alter the pattern to make it bigger? Would you inlarge the whole thing or just the length and chest?

·
Suburban Homesteader
2,558 Posts
Just a thought about altering the pattern for your greyhound. Take a look at the size around the barrel of the chest as well. Greyhounds tend to be MUCH deeper-chested than other dogs of the same height.

We have Italian Greyhounds (cat-sized greyhounds) and buying things like sweaters and harnesses is a miniature nightmare. If the item fits around the neck and the length from chest to ribs or rear is ok, the fit around the chest at its deepest point is completely off; the item is way too tight. If I go with a larger size, it might fit the barrel of the chest but the rest of the measurements are off. I finally made my own harnesses and got coats for the dogs (the kind with the open tummy.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts