Everybody in KY, TN ok?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Paula, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

We spent about 3 hours in our church's basement last night. Luckily none of the tornadoes in the area touched down right here. Still need to drive down to the big farm and check things out there.

2. TNHermit

TNHermit Well-Known Member Supporter

THOught it was gonna. Made big noises but nothing. heard one county got hammered

3. Kygardengal

Kygardengal Well-Known Member

We are all fine....It got kinda rough for a few minutes but no damage to speak of. Most of it was a bit south of me....

4. Farmer Willy

Farmer Willy Well-Known Member Supporter

Fine here, more upset about seeing the first snowflakes flying today----so much left to do, so little time.

5. kentuckyhippie

kentuckyhippie Well-Known Member Supporter

most of the storm went to either side of me. we just got a little rain

6. Jim East Tn

Jim East Tn Well-Known Member

just some wind, with a feww heavy rains--good thing since 3/4 of my roof is only felt covered with blue tarps-hopefully will be able to finish re-roofing this weekend

7. MoonShine

MoonShine Fire On The Mountain

We didn't get much...minor storm here.

8. inthewoods

inthewoods Well-Known Member

We had a lot of wind and rain, but no damage. Lots of sticks and branches to clean up.

Boy, those storms sure brought in the cold weather! It was 70 yesterday, today it was 43!

9. Cindy in KY

Cindy in KY Well-Known Member

I didn't like that storm at all. All day Tuesday, very hard gusting winds, we live on top of a hill. Those clouds were moving fast. The temps were in the 70's, strange hot winds. I spent the whole day driving T posts down to the ground, to chain the carports down, as they were jumping all day. We even put up 3 poles on the north side of the mobile home (just a workshop) to brace it from hard winds. Tornado outbreaks all the the west and south of us. Madisonville (2 hours west) was getting hit hard, Indiana, then Bowling Green and Nashville had tornados. We were worn completely out when we got inside after dark, nothing we could do but pray then. We don't have a basement, so I always put all my stuff, little TV, weather radio, phone, papers, etc. in the bathroom, where we stay in really bad weather. My weather radio was sounding Tornado warnings every few minutes. The storms weakened, thank goodness, and we got wind, rain and lightning. The severe red areas of the storm were still just south of us.

Lots of damage from that round of storms, it's so hard to watch on the news. 1 person in western KY didn't make it, and lots injured. So sad. And it was really cold the next morning, very hard on the rescue & workers. Very cold this morning too.

Very strange weather, weather channel said, snow-tornados & hurricane forming all in the same day in the US.

10. bull

bull Active Member

we made it throu allright here just some strong wind rain and lighting.i was out in the worst of it putting down a pop up camper so it wouldnt get tore up.

11. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

Gessh is it safe to come out yet! :grump:
    Yep the worst of it just missed us to.But it didnt miss Cunningham TN where i grew up.A few friends out that way lost there homes.Seems wierd to see people you new and what used to be there homes on TV like that.

12. rkintn

rkintn mean people suck

Things got pretty hairy here for a little while. The kids in school spent about an hour and a half in the hallways waiting for the storms to pass. Greenfield, TN got hit a little but Paris, TN (Henry County) was hit pretty hard from what I understand.

13. terry stewart

terry stewart Well-Known Member

the dog went to hide under the bed but that dont take much to scare her

14. labrat

labrat Well-Known Member

Luckily, we didn’t get much of that weather in Lexington. Not that we needed this particular weather, but, for the last year any precipitation headed our way, the clouds separated and some headed north and the others headed south around the city, so we were in a drought most of the year and that is what happened with the tornadic weather the last coupla weeks.