Ever seen a Bigfoot?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by OD, Jan 25, 2005.

1. OD

OD Well-Known Member

No, I haven’t seen one, although I’m beginning to wonder if we may have heard one a few times.

Last night, my Dh was talking to a friend who told him about someone seeing one just a few miles to our north, not long ago. I had never heard of one being seen any closer than the one in SW Arkansas, but as it turns out, there have been reports of one as close as 1 ½ miles from us. Apparently, it’s not something that people talk about.

He told Dh about a website that investigates bigfoot sightings, so I have been reading up on them, & I am amazed at the number of people who claim to have had encounters with them. http://www.texasbigfoot.com/data.html#top

One of the sightings was a hunter who watched one kill a wild pig.
    http://www.texasbigfoot.com/Panola5.html

Another was a family that had 5 of them living near their farm, but didn’t tell anyone because they wanted to protect them.
    http://www.texasbigfoot.com/Camp1.html

So….is there anybody out there who will admit to having seen one?

2. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Every time I take off my shoe... (size 16)

3. OD

OD Well-Known Member

WOW!!!! :eek: So are you the one that has been making all those tracks?

4. second_noah

second_noah Local Yokel

You know, I've never seen one myself, and I'm usually not one to take heart when it comes to fantasy, sci-fi, and myths but I tell ya, a Sasquatch really doesn't seem too off the wall to me.

I've watched numerous documentary type shows on it, some of them obviously UNCREDIBLE, but I did see one on the Discovery Channel, TLC or PBS(one of those!)that really made some interesting points in an effort to prove or disprove the existence of BigFoots.

I know people can doctor film up, but some footage they showed looked so real.

At any rate, sure, why not? I bet there are quite a few animals AND humans we have YET to meet! :D

But then again, maybe I'm just a schmuck! :D

5. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

I had no idea there were so many sightings in Oklahoma! I need to get out more. :)

6. Irish Pixie

Irish Pixie Well-Known Member

I haven't, but I have a friend that has. He was mowing hay on an isolated hayfield about 8-10 years ago when he saw something moving along a power line. It came closer and he got to see it clearly-definitely human-like, walking upright and hair covered. It was getting into evening and he dropped the mower in a hurry and got out of there. To this day he won't go that field alone.

This guy is NOT one to flights of fancy, and he grew up in the hill country. I have no doubt he saw a Bigfoot.

Stacy

7. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

well if they do live out their and from what i heard they dont bother anyone didnt they acheive what we are all trying to do i say if its bigfoot leave it alone becouse im shure thats the way they want it

8. almostthere

almostthere Well-Known Member

I've been staring at a big hairy bigfoot every day for the last 12 years. He growls like a bear when he's hungry or when you've invaded his space when he's trying to watch the game. He likes to snuggle when he's happy and has one heck of a way with hand tools. He hunts for his food and doesn't like cameras. One of his offspring, a 4 yr old male, is following very closely in his footsteps. His other offspring, a 5 yr old female, has many of the same characteristics without all the hair and her growl is more of a purr like a wild cat. We here at the Institute for Watching Offspring Of Bigfoot we will be recording thier acomplishments for many years to come. :)

9. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

WOW! Lookie how many sightings in OK! Wish I could see one. :haha:

10. Michael W. Smith

Michael W. Smith Well-Known Member

While in my youth & teen years I thought they existed. Now that I'm older, I'm wondering more & more. So many sighting, but very few cameras or video recorders and what pictures there are, often got proven to be a hoax. You would think if they did exist, sooner or later somebody would find a dead one, or one would get hit by a car, or a hunter would kill one.

While I'm sure there are things out there that we haven't met yet, I need to see proof on something like this. However upon saying that, I'm glad to see that there have been no sightings in PA, otherwise I might get the heebie - geebies when I go outside to feed my animals after dark!!!

11. Snuffy Smith

Snuffy Smith Well-Known Member

I've been alone in the woods before and had the hairs on the back of my neck raise up for no apparent reason. Sometimes happens outside at night too. Real weird feelings...

12. BobBoyce

BobBoyce Well-Known Member

I don't normally tell anyone about this. A few years ago while camping out on national forest land about 17 miles north of here, both myself and a buddy were warming up in front of a campfire and were visited by something that fit the description of a sasquatch. We had just finished a day of gold prospecting in the creek and were tired and cold. We smelled it way before it ever came into sight. The stench was awful, sorta like wet fur combined with old urine and feces. It stopped on the other side of the creek from us, partially obscured by brush, watched us for a minute or two, broke a branch off of a fallen tree, then left. Neither of us had packed a camera, and we've not camped there since.

Bob

13. januaries

januaries Well-Known Member

I used to be pretty skeptical, but a couple years ago I started looking into all the accounts of sightings and attempts to substantiate them. There is actually quite a lot of information out there. The fact that so many people (like Bob) are hesitant, rather than eager, to tell their stories causes one to pause and reconsider. In recent years, it has become more difficult to fake a bigfoot print. Fingerprint experts are often called in to inspect the dermal ridges--which run vertical in what people believe are "true bigfoot" prints. (Dermal ridges on the feet run horizontal in humans and at an angle in most apes.) Tufts of hair have been found and sent in for DNA testing. Results: "unknown primate". I would rather believe they don't exist, and I hope I never see one, but I don't feel that I can confidently rule out the possibility. An interesting site: http://www.bfro.net/gdb/classify.asp

14. NancyinArkansas

NancyinArkansas Well-Known Member

NO I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE BUT I HAVE SEEN AN ALIEN --i KNOW IT WAS REAL-NANCY

15. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

DANG!! It seems that there have been at least 3 sightings within a mile or two of my place in Henderson County. I've heard screams at night but we have cougars that come by from time to time. Need to put up more wildlife cams I guess. :eek:

16. wy0mn

wy0mn Transplanted RedNeck

Never saw anything that I could say with certainty was either a yeti or an alien.
    Whether or not BF exists now or not, I think it possible that they did, as recently as the early 1900's. We have species on the verge of extinction daily.
    I manufactured some 'tracks' once in my youth.
    My Dad had acquired some extra thick conveyor belt material.
    I cut some huge feet from it and attached them to stilts and had my Dad bring me in to the 'beach' of a nearby lake in the dark, via boat.
    I walked into the beach from the water, huge strides, and back into the water & the waiting boat.
    The next day we drove by to see the results & saw a huge commotion. Radio & TV crews, local gawkers, etc. Hilarious.
    I did see a UFO once, but UFO simply means something 'unidentified'. Personally I think given the situation & conditions, plus a study of the 'Drake Equation', it was probably 'not of this world'.
    :) Lex

17. motivated

motivated Well-Known Member

Hey watcha da mouth. I don't have a hairy back. Never.
    Maybe a wee mustache!
    Jodi

18. quietstar

quietstar Well-Known Member

Haven't seen one yet, but heard and smelled one in the swamp near Saratoga, Texas. From many reports, they seem to prowl the Trinity river bottoms. When you consider that there are thousands of Bobcats in these woods but are almost never observed, seems reasonable that a more intelligent creature could avoid human contact even better....Glen

19. Mastiff

Mastiff Well-Known Member

Almost 30 years ago I was hiking on some remote land I owned in far Northern California. I was just up the other side of the hill from the cabin. I really scrared something that just went crashing right through the think brush some 15 feet in front of me and down the hill. All I could see was a flash of something white moving fast. I was wearing my model 59 S&W at the time. It was out in a heartbeat cause it really scared me as well.. At the time all I could think of was maybe an albino wild pig or an albino bear. It certainly was not a black or brown bear. But it was something big that ran straight through the bushes - not at all like a deer or big cat. It was weird I looked around but could find no tracks.
    For some reason our main dog had not gone with me that day... he would usually walk that direction. When walking up behind the cabin he would always only go about a 1/2 mile and turn back. Like there was something that lived up there that he did not want to mess with. This was a big sheep dog who in other places would hike for miles with me in the woods. Was it a bigfoot? Who knows. It certainly was something I had not seen before or since.

20. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

Bigfoot is located in Vermillion Bay, Ontario. Right there by the Trans Canada Highway. It's true! :eek:

[​IMG]