Ever heard of "SOLA South Texas" ?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Kenneth in NC, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

Ever heard of a company called "SOLA South Texas" There supposed to be out of New Braunfels, TX. Head honchos are Mr. Joseph A. Geraci III and Mr. Eduardo C. Wagner. The number they gave me was (830) 626-3586. I really need to know if they’re on the level or are they con men.

Thanks.

Kenneth in NC

2. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

I ran a search of that phone number. Here's what came back.
    We're sorry. We did not find a listing for the phone number you entered.
    The phone number "(830) 626-3586" is a Newbran Falls, TX based phone number and the registered carrier is Southwestern Bell. However, due to number portability, some numbers have been transferred to a new service provider other than the registered carrier

Can you give a bit more info about where they are supposed to be located, type of business, etc so I can try a few other searches for you?

3. Siryet

Siryet In Remembrance

I tried many ways to find the business in the yellow pages even using a reverse search and came up with nothing.

I would suggest contacting the local BBB and the local Chamber and if you can't find anything there I would run away fast. Texas is loaded with a lot of land scammers and people who sell worthless land to un suspecting people. Texas I would say is the land for scammers, of all kinds, not just land.

4. texastami

texastami Zone 7B Supporter

Hi Kenneth....

I made the phone call for ya... Spoke to Molly - This is an investment company for new products. They have contracts for anywhere from $60 - $180,000 dollars and can/do have larger ones depending on the product you are trying to sell...

Joe is the President of SOLA, Ed is the CEO and molly is the person that does the preliminary work with the client to determine if it is something SOLA is interested in. They are located outside of San Antonio and she even offered me directions from Houston to get to their office.... The companies are franchised, Molly is SOLA STX office person.

EDITED TO ADD: I did run them through the BBB and didn't find a thing!! I did a chamber of commerce call to New Braunfels and I spoke with Mary... She said they are NOT listed as members of the chamber, had never heard of them and did not find ANYTHING in the local phone book for them, or the individually named people.

New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce -
    390 E. Seguin 1-800-572-2626

New Braunfels City Hall - (830)-625-6200.

City of New Braunfels - 424 South Castell Avenue -
    PO Box 311747 New Braunfels, Texas 78131-1747
    Phone: (830) 608-2100
    http://www.ci.new-braunfels.tx.us/

She did however, give me a number 830-629-0092 of Sola of Austin. I spoke to another gentleman (when I asked why if it was AUSTIN did he have a new braunfels #, he stated he LIVED in NB) who gave me a website for SOLA - www.solaclient.com and said that your contact (since you are in NC should be either Cory Elrod at 830-625-7096 or Molly at the number you listed) He also stated that it is strange that they aren't listed in the BBB as of 4 months ago, they were... he is going to check on it.... They have been in business for about 4 years, and the company pres and CEO are listed as they told you. (He told me, I didn't ask) Check out their website and go from there!!

Hope it helps!!!

5. Kenneth in NC

Thank you texastami, did they offer to provide references (inventors whose inventions they marketed)? If not they begin to seem shady. I am not impressed by their web page.

texastami how far are you from their offices?

I've searched the web but can't seem to locate much information on these people or their company. :grump:

Kenneth in NC

6. Beststash

Beststash Well-Known Member

You might try -

New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce
    (830) 625-2385
    (830) 625-4205
    390 S Seguin Ave
    New Braunfels, TX 78130

7. Lolly-Dolly

Lolly-Dolly Well-Known Member

well.. I don't know if this helps or not, but I live in New Braunfels, TX. that number is a new braunfels exchange, but I've never heard of them. that doesn't mean a whole lot because this town is growing VERY FAST ( I want to put a sign towards Houston that says "we're full.. go home!!") I moved here over 20 years ago and it only had 20,000 people... now we have about 45,000 and I think they all came in over the last 5-6 years... and they're still building on!...( I think if everyone here's of the nice little small town and moves there.... it can no longer be a "nice little small town" anymore!). So it may be legit, maybe not. if it is Legit, that still doesn't mean they're any good or not... but they're obviously not especially well known since the Chamber of Commerce hasn't heard of them, and neither have I.

8. texastami

texastami Zone 7B Supporter

I haven't been able to locate ANYTHING on the web regarding this company or these "people".... usually you can pull up at least SOMETHING with a name - but I got NADA...

No one offered any references.... made no indications of any such thing.... They talked real fast and seemed to have answers for every question I asked, but not the good kind....

please just be careful..... (Since Imade those phone calls, I have gotten about 8 "out of area" calls that I won't answer - I mistakenly unblocked my phone for those ## - wonder if its them (we are on the no call list and NEVER get those "out of area" calls anymore!) Just exercise extreme caution with these folks.... I would assume the worst until they can prove differently!!!

9. Kenneth in NC

Thanks texastami I will be on guard.

Lolly-Dolly there are supposed to be located at 774 Rosemary Drive.

Almost afraid to write them back. I used to get similiar letters all the time back in early 90's. Someone always promising that they have boocoo's of money and just need a "little" good faith money on my part. 99.9% of them were scammers.

DW says if they wanted to License my patent why not come right out and say so.

Kenneth

10. Lolly-Dolly

Lolly-Dolly Well-Known Member

well, That address is right in the middle of a residential neighborhood not far from the park. I'm guessing it must be something they're running out of their home... doesn't make me feel real confident about them, and whatever it is they're supposed to do.

11. Kenneth in NC

Lolly-Dolly That address is right in the middle of a residential neighborhood not far from the park. I'm guessing it must be something they're running out of their home

That sure doesn't sound like a high-powered wheeler-dealer company. Guess I'll send the standard form letter back to them.

Thanks for all your help everybody.

Kenneth in NC

12. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

BTW

www.bbb.com is a nice place to search for a company. However, yours isn't on there.

13. Kenneth in NC

Copy of Letter sent (less addresses) DW said give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves. :)

May 26, 2005

Dear Molly Floerke,

I received your letter dated May 18, 2005 and was surprised. You did not cite which of my inventions you are interested in. If it was the Gas spring safety clamp, I’m sorry that invention was sold quite some time back. If you’re referring to the microwave-cooking container, what do you have in mind?

Sincerely,

14. countrygrrrl

countrygrrrl PITA

Their website is SOLA Corp.

And apparently they're incorporated in Wyoming - ?

15. Snowdancer

Boy that's a lot of really nice sounding words without a single reference to an actual success or corporation that they've done business with. :no:

The word 'Slick' comes to mind :grump:

Just be careful and good luck
    Kathy

16. Kenneth in NC

KY Guest That's why I'm only sending letters so everything will be documented in writing.:D

Kenneth

17. Snowdancer

Smart move Kenneth! Keep their feet to the fire! :yeeha:

Maybe you can start a home business sniffing out scam artists like this one sounds! ;)

18. Corgitails

Corgitails Well-Known Member

Hey Kenneth? What tyep of business are they? Land contract? my dad (real estate investor guy) has someone in the area he really likes- I'm going down to meet with him this weekend to look for myself. Will bring back a report and name if you like. (I'll bring it back anyway, I won't be checking mail till monday)

19. Kenneth in NC

SOLA responded that they were interested in my first patent "Gas Spring Safety Clamp" unfortunately that one was sold back in 1988.

Kenneth

20. DLBurt

DLBurt New Member

Everyone,

Some of you have made disparaging remarks concerning Molly Floerke. I will accept that your remarks are made out of ignorance, and not meant to slander Molly.

I have known Molly for 30 years, and she is as fine a human being as I have ever known. If Molly says it, then I know she believes it and believes it is in your best inerest. I cannot vouch for the company she represents, but I would recommend you keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself.

You need to be careful throwing out slanderous accusations about people you don't know. There are laws in this land that hold people civilly accountable for these very things. A loose tongue can prove to be very expensive.

David L. Burt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.