Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's what my friend says she was given when another friend had to split her herd due to a divorce/relocation. My friend is brand new to goats (and I know even less) but I have never heard of Norwegian Dwarfs. They look like Nigerian Dwarfs to me.....any experts wanna weigh in and settle this once and for all? :catfight: :)

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
There are norwegian dwarfs. They come from the same place that has pigmies, newbeans, gooberhaltis, and lawnchas. :D (And any other poorly spelled breeds).

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Every time I see the title of this thread, I want to ask if they might be the same as Irish leprechauns? I know they are not the same as English fairies. :) Sorry, but I just couldn't stand it any longer. Now it is out of my system.

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
And don't forget the ever popular half swine and half goat "Boar Goat"[/QUOTE]

Oooh. some of those are "Pure Bread". If they are 'nannies', sometimes they even come as bread does. (Bread doughs?)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Norwegian dwarfs, Nigerian pygmies, Pigmies, Newbeans, Gooberhaltis , Lawnchas, Boar goat , Pure bread , Bread does, and Bread doughs -- what is this world coming to??? ROFL :D

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
I suppose I have seen Allpines too, but that is less funny. :p

I know I've seen Saanen misspelled but I could not remember it for the life of me. :p Gooberhalti was my favorite. I remember someone posting one about some toggenburgs that was pretty funny a few years ago maybe. :p

·
A teeny bit goat crazy
1,338 Posts
Yes, and according to my husband talking on the phone with his boss explaining that he couldn't go into work that weekend because he was taking goats to a buck out of town... I have some.

He also thought my mini saanen doeling was a mini saiyan and wanted to get a buckling and name him Goku. I was willing to overlook this (sort of awesome) mispronunciation if it meant more goats :trollface

1 - 15 of 15 Posts