Ever had one of those months?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by sue currin, May 9, 2006.

1. sue currin

sue currin Well-Known Member

Everything I own that has a motor was or is still broke down, 1st. The Case carburator is busted, 2nd, I went to do a simple brake job on my truck only to have to replace the rotor and the calaber, then I had to fix the car because the altnator when out and the front struts, then the other car I lost a ball joint going to get parts for everything, So now I wanted to just cut grass and the mower deck chain brakes, So I thought I would just till up some ground to plant raspberries and the tiller pull rope comes off in my hand. the magneto is also shot. I am going to find a good mule and feed him well and maybe,just maybe I can get a crop in this year. When the cabnit door came off in my hand this morning I belived I have been jinked. I guess the only thing to do now is go fishing, my pole works and so does the shovle to dig worms. Yea farming is not for the faint at heart

2. ace admirer

ace admirer Well-Known Member Supporter

normally when a tractor breaks down around here i have to work on another tractor to pull the first in.

just finished installing new brakes on rear of f250hd. no one around here had the special wrench to pull axles. no one had new axle gaskets to reseal.

today new ball joint and maybe a new starter. headed north and no southern boy should be up there with out a ride back. new tire on trailer....

stiff upper lip,,its spring and all the equipment has had a long winter.

3. Reptyle

Reptyle Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm having one of those years!! :grump:

4. Nette

Nette Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm having one, too, or a bad week at least. First it was a fuel line leak on my mowing tractor. I have a nice little maze of dead grass where I leaked diesel all over the yard. My ever-resourceful DH saved me a trip to town by using the barrel of an ink pen as a coupler to fix the hose. (I was impressed with that one.) Then the stabilizer thing that keeps the mower from rubbing the tire breaks in two. Then the back tire on the push mower falls all to pieces. Yes, when so many things like that happen, you're just sure that someone is trying to tell you something...need to let that grass GROW.

5. Ken in Maine

Ken in Maine Well-Known Member

Same here... My new tractor has a problem with the hydraulics on the loader. It stopped working right in the middle of digging in the driveway. Luckily my truck was parked where it could get out. SO now my tractor is in the shop. Of course... no sooner than I brought the tractor in (yesterday) the service engine soon light came on the truck... so now the truck is going in the shop on thursday. Called to rent an excavator to finish the driveway project... guess what? the first company has them all rented out until next tuesday.. The other company had their's damaged by the customer and have to do a re-build on the track. So my tractor will be ready friday I hope.

Pollen count is WAY up and we are both feeling like CR_P.

There are other things as well but there is also some good news. We've sold a couple goats and received gift certificates as "thank yous" from folks we have helped in the past.....

Life has taught us that God never gives you more than you can handle BUT the amount you can handle seems to increase time and again..... Guess that's part of maturing and growing up.

Tomorrow is another day!