Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one familiar with this consept? Apparently its a way to draw static electricity from the Earth, via a copper rod with a zinc ground attachment. Found a lot of sites mentioning it but none fully explaining it well.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have also read about this, but with no specific information regarding the process. I hope to find some in the future though. Let us know if you find anything more on this.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ive done a great deal of research in this field, Im even designing a new type of generator. The biggest problem with this type of power(known as free energy) is the inventor never describes key conponents of the device or the results are not repeatable for anyone else. There has been many people claim to be able to generate electricity out of thin air, several people even have witnesses but no plan have been given to the science community so an independent group can reproduce the device.

I learned long time ago, dont believe what modern science states as laws or principals. Remember in the not so distance past, flying was just a dream as was space travel. What science refuses to believe today becomes tomorrows reality. If you have your own idea - try them

·
Registered
160 Posts
A zinc rod and a copper rod driven into the ground is a simple battery. A zinc strip and a copper strip placed in a potato will power a small clock.

·
A real Quack!
327 Posts
gspig said:
A zinc rod and a copper rod driven into the ground is a simple battery. A zinc strip and a copper strip placed in a potato will power a small clock.
My kids and I did this last year for a science project, sliced up an orange or grapefruit, stuck a copper wire on one side, and a dissimilar metal (steel, zinc, etc) on the other. Then we wired them in series and lit a 3volt LED. Each "cell" produced about 1/2 a volt.

I would imagine if you stuck copper & zinc rods in the earth and watered them with a strong acid, you'd get some voltage, but not enough to do anything practical. The cost of the copper & zinc, and the frequency of replacement of the rods makes it pretty impractical & expensive.
Bill

·
Registered
386 Posts
johnkl said:
Wasn't Nicolai Tesla working on something like this?

Tesla was a brilliant man - if it was not for him we would not have AC power(like we have in our house). But Tesla's main interest was to be able to transmit electricity anywhere in the world using high frequency. This is not the same as ether energy(free energy). Ether energy is tapping an energy source that is yet unknown where and why it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts