escape

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by animal_kingdom, Jun 17, 2005.

1. animal_kingdom

animal_kingdom Well-Known Member

We don't understand how or why but our pregnant mini rex doe is missing. Maybe something was able to unlatch her cage and she's out or eaten...

It was the one eared rabbit that belonged to my 10 yo daughter. This was her first breeding and we were excited to notice a chubby sort of appearance that she never had before and thought she was definitely pregnant.

Thinking that it's only one week until her due date, maybe she was able to escape and is hiding somewhere. We have done our best to look for her and left a dish of a few food pellets for her. If she is alive, I thought she may have found somewhere to burrow. Neighbor told me that he saw a rabbit run yesterday in through his shrubbery but wasn't sure if it was a wild one or not.

She was a show quality rabbit had her ear been intact. We knew her babies would have been gorgeous.
    :waa:

2. Rosarybeads

Rosarybeads Well-Known Member

Wow, what type of latch do you have? I'm so sorry.

3. animal_kingdom

animal_kingdom Well-Known Member

It's the kind of latch that is like a barrel. It turns and then you push it one way or the other to unlock it. Maybe it's called a barrel latch?!

We live not too far or too close to neighbors and they are all on the look out. The poor girls go check out every rabbit they see even if it's a wild one...