Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my pair of flemish giants are waiting out the vicious summer in the house until I have replacement bunnies so that losing one wouldn't be such a disaster. I went in this morning and the buck, who has been known to somehow throw his water bottle out of his cage and across the room, is hopping around on the floor.

I was surprised, and muttered a "how did you-" and he hopped right up to me, stood on his hind legs, and put his front feet up on me like a dog. This is the guy I couldn't touch without making him panic when we first bought him,. and truthfully I haven't been putting hardly any effort into taming him, since he's supposed to be the start of the meat herd... DH has made a pet out of the doe, so I tried to stay away from them as individual bunnies, and just see them as meat. Yeah, about that... *sigh*

Ah well, NZWs on their way, so maybe with those...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a flemish doe and boy was she crazy when we got her! Now, three months later, she is the sweetest most loving rabbit we have. I think it's just their nature when they warm up to you. Isn't it GREAT!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sure hope so... and hope the NZWs don't turn out this friendly! Smart little bunnies, befriend the human and she won't let the mean ol' man bop you, lol.

Now, to figure out how he got the cage door unlatched, lifted, and hooked on the holder on the cage ceiling... perhaps I've been taming a rabbit in my sleep? :help:

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
You can get to know the breeders, you can even name them. Ours are "blue bunny," "green doe," and "stew." Just DON'T get to know the fryers!!

That's one clever buck you got there. Any chance you left the door pushed to but not latched? :shrug:

Mine all come running to see me; you'd think they love me. All they love is garden scraps. Don't get sucked in to the fake love. That way lies despair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.