Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the news sites have the banner that he's going to resign this afternoon but no details yet. I'm blindsided because I never saw this coming. Wonder if it's an attempt to shore up some Democrat votes in November. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Reactions: partndn

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
All the news sites have the banner that he's going to resign this afternoon but no details yet. I'm blindsided because I never saw this coming. Wonder if it's an attempt to shore up some Democrat votes in November. It will be interesting to see what happens.
He's been making noises about it for months.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't pay much attention to stories about him because if his lips are moving ... you know? I never thought he'd leave that position voluntarily and I wonder what's behind it. The news sites now have a few lines posted. He's saying he'll stay until his replacement is confirmed.

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
The Democrats are fairly certain that the senate is going to change hands after this election and become a Republican senate. Obama and Holder are all about moving the ball forward. Holder will resign now, and prior to the elections you'll get a new AG moved in and confirmed by the Democratic senate.

Someone who will be way worse than Holder.

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
I don't pay much attention to stories about him because if his lips are moving ... you know? I never thought he'd leave that position voluntarily and I wonder what's behind it. The news sites now have a few lines posted. He's saying he'll stay until his replacement is confirmed.
Towards the end of administrations, political appointees start thinking of their futures. The college appointments start coming as it is a cache to have recognized names on staff while the political appointee can shed the awful burden of being judged for his actual work.

Reactions: unregistered353870

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
If he thinks by resigning that he'll escape punishment
further down the road.....he's sadly mistaken.

Some of us who are taking names.

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
If he thinks by resigning that he'll escape punishment
further down the road.....he's sadly mistaken.

Some of us who are taking names.
Name one ex-goverment enforcer who has ever been brought back out of retirement and punished.

Even Nixon got pardoned after he resigned.

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
Name one ex-goverment enforcer who has ever been brought back out of retirement and punished.

Even Nixon got pardoned after he resigned.
authorize a 'burglary'.....

Name someone WORSE than Holder that hasn't been prosecuted.....

People died because of him...or perhaps you've forgotten Fast & Furious?

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
authorize a 'burglary'.....

Name someone WORSE than Holder that hasn't been prosecuted.....

People died because of him...or perhaps you've forgotten Fast & Furious?
I know full well how bad Holder is, and everything he's done.

HOWEVER for almost 6 years now the Republicans have been dancing around the issue, afraid to prosecute. Heck, even Lerner resigned after her flagrant ignoring of Issa's committee orders and the lie of missing emails, and she hasn't been even so much as brought up on contempt charges.

Even the most naive of citizens should at this point realize that "checks and balances" has utterly and entirely failed and the Constitution has less binding power on government than a return receipt does at Walmart.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I know full well how bad Holder is, and everything he's done.

HOWEVER for almost 6 years now the Republicans have been dancing around the issue, afraid to prosecute. Heck, even Lerner resigned after her flagrant ignoring of Issa's committee orders and the lie of missing emails, and she hasn't been even so much as brought up on contempt charges.

Even the most naive of citizens should at this point realize that "checks and balances" has utterly and entirely failed and the Constitution has less binding power on government than a return receipt does at Walmart.
I wish I could argue otherwise. But I can't think of anything you've said that's not right on.

God help us!

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
This doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot. Not many high level staff serve the entire two terms of a presidency. The last presidency had three attorneys general, and two acting AGs.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
I agree with Ernie..this is of course political. With Reid's change from 60 to confirm to only 51 necessary..the Democrats are preparing or the Republicans to have control and they want this confirmation in place before that happens

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
I agree with Ernie..this is of course political. With Reid's change from 60 to confirm to only 51 necessary..the Democrats are preparing or the Republicans to have control and they want this confirmation in place before that happens
Any way you will get someone that supports amnesty.

·
Registered
863 Posts
And if the Dems do lose the Senate in the coming election I have it in my mind that they may suddenly and suspiciously decide that having exercised the "Nuclear Option" was not really the right thing to do and try to reverse it before the new Republican Senate sits in the beginning of January.

If this does occur then their motives will be completely out in the open, which is why it might not happen. They may not feel that they could weather the political storm and fallout. But, then again.......

TRellis

1 - 20 of 22 Posts