Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.equiltpatterns.com/quiltpattern.php?cPath=8&products_id=54

I did buy a couple of download .pdf files today and then I was looking and found the above really neat crazy quilt. This is something I could really appreciate.

Now that I've got my big projects pretty much underway - I may consider this one. I know I have enough fabric.... (massive understatement).

Angie

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Angie,
Crazy quilts are fun and easy! All you need to do is start with a 5-sided pieced of fabric for the center. Generally foundation pieced, you just add another piece/strip then cut it to size. On your first pattern it looks like they add a strip of black before adding the next color...that achieves the stained glass look.

Have fun experimenting!

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Now that I've got my big projects pretty much underway - I may consider this one. I know I have enough fabric.... (massive understatement).

Angie[/QUOTE]

Understatement, is an understatement. You have enough fabric to do 500 of those quilts and still not make a dent. LOL:eek: Thanks for the links. Beautiful.

·
Registered
428 Posts
That is pretty crazy quilt and different. I just do crazy quilts and I do it by blocks. One I need to get finished up is started with a black center and then all kinds. Heavier fabrics. As I work mostly with scraps. Got it over half made. I am just learning to put in slashings and corner blocks.

·
Knitting Rocks!
5,783 Posts
Thnx Angie! I had way too much fun on that website,,, ended up with about 3 patterns myself! lol!

Can you send me some of your energy? I never seem to get as much done as you do!

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Cups of energy.

Also, my family is grown, and the house is a mess, but no one comes to visit so I live in a huge sewing workshop with furniture thru it, of a sort.

And I'm a night owl - so I get my second wind about 9 or 10 pm, then it's midnight!

I'm happy you found some designs to order. I down loaded the 4 I bought and put them on a disk so I could take some paper and use the quicker printer at work once in awhile.

I have the 4 printed out, two of them, I printed out enough for 10 blocks plus some errors - just in case one of them ends up being in the Fall/Christmas quilt block swap.

But, I'm eyeing that first quilt and thinking of purchasing that after payday.

Angie

·
Knitting Rocks!
5,783 Posts
well, that explains it! I still have to school 4 kids, then feed and clean after the said kids and one DH.
I drink a pot of energy every day... and it isn't enough! lol!

I love that first one, it is gorgeous. And actually the second one you listed is one of the patterns I got! I think it looks really neat.

All my stuff will have to sit for a couple of days, But come Friday I am sewing and everyone better LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
(ha! like that will happen. DH will probably want to butcher some meat by then)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts