Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought some Enterotoxemia C&D vaccine a couple of months ago, just in case I need it, and have been keeping it in the fridge...
anybody know how long it'll keep in there before it's ineffective, or maybe even dangerous to use?
Thanks in advance!
-Ed in NC

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Hi,

Call a Vet. Some meds are still good for a period AFTER the expired date. No sense tossing meds if they could still be good. On the other hand, like you said some meds go bad, so double check with a vet. Eliminating unnecessary waste will help your profits ( or keep you from going in the hole with your hobby). Katharine

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't think it would matter one way or another because CD&T VACCINE (TOXOID) is pretty much worthless even when fresh. If it's ANTITOXIN, which is for short-term immunity, it should stay good for a good while longer past the expiration date... Vaccine (toxoid) is not very effective. I've read it only gives immunity for three months after the shots which means you should give it every three months. You really should consider using Covexin 8 or don't waste your $$$ with the CD&T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts