enlarged eye

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by woolyfluff, Nov 29, 2006.

1. woolyfluff

woolyfluff Well-Known Member

6-8 wek old one eye is enlarged and almost like it is turning insideout what can be done will it effect the meat if possible we treat Naturally NO DRUGS

2. Ronney

Ronney Well-Known Member

No, it won't affect the meat but more importantly you do have to find out what the problem is with the eye for the welfare of your pig rather than the welfare of your stomach.

It sounds as though it has been banged or staked. Has he vision in it? and does he veer away from anything getting too close to that side of his face. This is only a young pig with a long time ahead of him before he's killed and if he has a painful eye condition he won't do as well as he should. In situations like that I always get veterinary advice.

Cheers,
    Ronnie

3. woolyfluff

woolyfluff Well-Known Member

aDVISE IS JUST AS EXPENCES AS THE TREATMENT WE WERE HOPING SOMEONE OUT WHERE WOULD HAVE SOME IDEA OF A NATURAL TREATMENT WE DONOT USE DRUGS IF WE CAN HELP WE HAVE GIVEN SHOT OF PENACLIANBUT DOESNOT SEEM TO HELP THAT IS WHY I AM ASKIN HERE

4. RedHogs

RedHogs Well-Known Member

I have had this once, if it is eye trauma it gets much worse... it was a very unpleasant experience... I pumped enough drugs to float a battleship. If i begins to discharge....put the animal down or give it to someone who will fight the infection.... until then keep it clean with saline solution.

5. Misty

Misty Misty Gonzales

ya know, all Ronnie was doin was offering you some advise to tell us MORE. It can't be treated unless we know what the problem is. Don't yell. I do not know of anything aside from saline solution either. If the animal is in pain at least give it some banamine for a day or two. Have you called your vet?