Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Voice of Reason
52,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a server outage Friday morning due to a hardware problem, so notification emails were being bounced for a few hours. VBulletin has probably put a block on sending notifications for my account. Can someone please remove the block so notification email to me can resume?

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
I looked at your account and the emails should still be sending to you.

Please do the clear history, cookies, cache, reboot, type in address, and log back in.

And either before or after that, if you are using IE, use Chrome or Firefox and let me know how it goes.

Thanks

·
Voice of Reason
52,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking on the server level, in the smtp log. Emails aren't reaching my regular address for sure.

I created a new email address ([email protected]) and set my account email address. The verification email message gets to my server ok. When I change it back to my regular email address ([email protected]) no message reches my server.

I notice by the form of the return path of email sent from vBulletin that a bounced message is identified by account. That's a strong indication that bounced accounts are not sent future messages.

Please check with your technical people to see if my "[email protected]" account is being blocked.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
The alma email is where they are going. You will have to change and save the email in your account.

And then I'll have to check that as it will kick your account into needing a new approval again.

·
Voice of Reason
52,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The alma email is where they are going. You will have to change and save the email in your account.
I can't. If I change it back to thrift then I can't verify the email account, because I'm not sent the verification message. I can't post here if I do that. I'll have to use the alma account until you find the bug, or the block expires on its own.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
I have checked with techs and the software here will stop sending to an email address once it detects a bounce to that address.

This isn’t a matter of choice, but rather is good email hygiene.

·
Voice of Reason
52,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have checked with techs and the software here will stop sending to an email address once it detects a bounce to that address.
Yes, that's how I suggested it worked. But the questions is; how can we get the block removed?

·
Voice of Reason
52,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whatever. The block should expire on its own in a week or so anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts