Email alert..

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Stacy Adams, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

I just got this, this morning..

Dear WaMu Bank client,
    Recently there have been a large number of identify theft attempts targeting WaMu customers.
    In order to safeguard your account, we require that you confirm your banking details
    (credit-debit card information and login/password for online banking, if you have).

This process is mandatory, and if not completed within the nearest time your account or credit card may be subject to temporary suspension.

To securely confirm your WaMu Bank details follow the link:

https://login.personal.wamu.com/logon/logon.asp?dd=1 <http://61.222.197.222/login.personal.wamu.com/logon/logon.asp?dd=1>

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and thank you for using WaMu Bank!

Do not reply to this e-mail as it is an unmonitored alias

@2004 WaMu Banks, Inc. All rights reserved. Member FDIC

First off, I don't bank at Washinton Mutual,
    second they would NEVER ask for credit card/ pin numbers/ security information or anything like that.. not even over the phone...
    I think if you click the link, it'll either infect your pc with a virus or they really do expect you to give 'em your bank info... so that they can spend the rest of this winter in the carribian, on your behalf...
    caution, just delete!!

2. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

I love this line.....Do not reply to this e-mail as it is an unmonitored alias.....

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Sure, banks use aliases with their customers all the time! :eek: :haha: Thanks for the laugh!

Meg :)

3. seahealth

seahealth Well-Known Member

the sad part about this is that there are people out there that will believe stuff like that is really from a company and will give out their sensitive information and lose everything, which is the reason people prey on them.

4. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

i got more than once something like this from "earthlink"
    wonder what the just department is "ROFLOL"
    maybe somebody should start collecting the most funniest one.

Dearest EarthLink user,

This is an automated e-mail notification sent to your registered e-mail adress.
    Please do not reply to it as it will't reach the just department.
    -
    Recently there have been many reports of fraud activity regarding stolen account information and stolen identities.

This requires a full update on your records matching our database information to suit the future prolongation of account billing.
    You will be prompted to provide full and complete information regarding your account with us just so you can identify your online personality.

Please take five minutes to fill out the forms.
    Failure to update your online records will result in a halt of your account and a possible reactivation fee.

Please Hit here to refresh your billing data.

Thanks for using Earthlink services,
    EarthlinkProcessing Department.

:p

5. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

There is some dim wit sending emails like this to people and saying it is from eBay. I reported them to eBay and they are investigating it. Hopefully people will not be gullable enough to respond to this sort of thing.

6. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

oh see, i like the ones that say so and so has dies leaving no heirs and theres XX million dollars in the bank , would you give us your ss # so we can add you to the account and you can collect the XX million for us ..... we will pay you 1% or something ....
    bogus !
    paypal and ebay, same thing,