Electric netting

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by Patty0315, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

Anyone use it ? How do you like it ? What brand ? And can I use a solar charger with it {the charger is from tsc if that makes a difference}.

Thanks , Patty

2. Somerhill

Somerhill Well-Known Member

Hi Patty!
    We've used it for 10+ years and LOVE it! :nerd: I bet my hubby has 20 rolls of the stuff. Some of the 10 year old rolls are starting to show their age, but you can still cut them into shorter pieces and those come in very handy.

ours is an old dairy farm with poor to nonexistant perimeter fence. We are slowly replacing that with high tensile electric, but in the mean time, we rotate our flock every 4-5 days using the netting. It goes up and moves very easily. We prefer the Premier brand, and have tried most every kind. Premier's last the longest, and does not start sagging with age.

We use a battery charger when the sheep are in areas that do not have access to the main charger. Works just fine. Don't know about solar, but Premier's catalog should have info on that. Even if you don't buy from them, the catalog is worth getting just for the information it provides.

As with anything, it has its drawbacks, but the flexibility it provides and ease of use makes it something we could not do without. We will even use it to build temporary runways when moving sheep, and have build little enclosures to crowd the flock into a corner to catch one ewe who needs attention.

Lisa at Somerhill
    www.somerhillfarm.com

3. kabri

kabri Almst livin the good life

We also use Premier electro net and love it! I've used it hooked into our main perimeter fence to do temp cross fencing, and also in remote locations with a battery charger. I've had ours at least 8 years, if not longer, and it still works just fine.

4. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

I have electric net from Premeir1, and two chargers from TSC. Sheep respect it no matter what; the goats test it over and over, especially with the weaker solar charger.

5. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I think I will be ordering some. They have so many "types" what do you guys have and would you get something different ?