Electric chainsaw sharpener

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by braggscowboy, Sep 21, 2005.

1. braggscowboy

braggscowboy Well-Known Member Supporter

I have asked this question before, but have not purchased as of yet, but am looking at ebay and at northerntools. Any other ideas as to where to buy? Has anyone purchased one lately? What brand and cost? How is the Orgeon as compared to others? How about ease of use? I like simplicty and quick! Please let me know your ideas.Thanks!

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Harbor Freight sell one for about $49.00 (a table model), I have no exsperience with it though to report on. There are also 12 volt models for about $10.00 that hook to your battery, they are about as big as a flashlight.

3. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Well-Known Member Supporter

I have the 12 volt model-----it works great for me. I use my saw a fair amount because I have a portable sawmill, and it also allows me to sharpen my blade any where there is a 12 volt battery(vehicle, sawmill, 4 wheeler etc). The table models I have see---------------You have to remove the blade to sharpen, but they are more accurate at keeping the proper tooth angle than the hand model(12 volt), but I have no problem with the 12 volt, just keep extra sharpening stone's in your tool box. Randy

4. Countrybumpkin

Countrybumpkin Well-Known Member

Bought one fro Harbor Freight, an electric model, and it works great! It has paid for itself due to the amount of wood that I cut...quick, easy, and one can make a little extra $$ sharpening chains for friends and neighbors!

5. Ramblin Wreck

Ramblin Wreck Well-Known Member Supporter

Are these sharpeners "dummy proof" for those of us who can't file straight (or at an angle when necessary)?