Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like a cold bedroom. I don't like a cold bed unless it is summer. I am a hot sleeper but a cozy warm bed when getting into it relaxes me. The electric mattress pad gets turned off before I get in. A down quilt is all I need after that.

· Registered
3,511 Posts
For some reason, I like jumping into a cold bed. I also enjoy a cold bedroom. We have a bedroom window directly over our heads. We keep it a crack open all winter long.
Yes! I seem to be the only one. I do this too till it gets down below zero. I have to kind of throttle it though, as the wife is like most people and wants it warm. I’ll wake up an hour later in a puddle of sweat in a warm bedroom.

· Saltine American
8,579 Posts
Nothing like an open window and running the whole house fan and heavy comforters on the bed. No, it wasn't minus 10.

· newfieannie
10,879 Posts
i like a cold room also and the window cracked a bit but i love a warm bed. i have my electric blanket on the bed but haven't had to switch it on yet. i do have a small heating pad that i keep there all year(good for sore muscles etc) i switch that on about an hour before i plan to go to bed and it's all warm and cosy.

we are having such wonderful weather may not even need to turn on the blanket. i have plenty quilts on my bed also and i wear warm bedwear. socks etc. it was very cold last winter and i didn't have to turn the large one on. ~Georgia

· newfieannie
10,879 Posts
us kids would all have our own beach rock that we would warm in the oven on cold winter nights. wrap it in a towel and take upstairs when we went to bed. i brought mine with me when i moved to nova scotia. haven't used it in a many years since i got well enough off to buy electric blankets. i thought i might root it out and try it some night just for old time sakes. those rocks sure kept their heat. ~Georgia

· Registered
4,854 Posts
I heat with a wood stove. It keeps the living room and kitchen toasty. The bedrooms are cooler which I like. As I got older the circulation in my feet isn't as good. I read about a half hour after getting in bed until my feet get warm enough so I can go to sleep. I can't justify the cost of an electric blanket and it wouldn't work when I move to my off grid place anyway.

I do wear a stocking cap to bed when it's really cold. It helps my feet warm up faster too.

· Registered
7,277 Posts
Since i had covid im too cold or too hot in the same hours time..from shivering to stripping. Trail of clothes . some days the clothes windup all in kitchen some days bedroom. Im sure if i planned better the clothes could meet in the living room

1 - 16 of 16 Posts