Election Season (NAIS)

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Pat, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

This N.A.I.S. isn’t even a law, it’s just a regulation generated by the U.S.D.A. that could force many small farmers (as well as small feed and seed companies) either out of small farming or to become criminals.” We must do everything we can.

I not only sent this to the Asa Hutchinson (http://www.asaforgovernor.org/) , but sent it to Today’s THV (TV station in Little Rock) as “Send In A Question To The Gubernatorial Candidates”. (acourtney@todaysthv.com ). I know Arkansas isn't the only state that is doing this!

This is election season, and we can do something now that normally we couldn’t… they want our votes!

What will you do against N.A.I.S (National Animal Identification System)? This N.A.I.S. isn’t even a law, it’s just a regulation generated by the U.S.D.A. that could force many small farmers (as well as small feed and seed companies) either out of small farming or to become criminals.

If it’s to “protect American food why does it include horses, donkeys, llamas and other “non” meat animals.

It includes all barn yard fowl, with the requirement of reporting when ever the animal leaves the property. (WHAT ABOUT THOSE OF US WHO HAVE Guineas etc. that free range?)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guess the two are too big to be seen. Their address is http://new.photos.yahoo.com/nasha_dacha/photo/294928803187573256/1

I only wish I knew how to reduce the size (amount wise) so I could post these 2 pages. I recieved them from Missouri couple... Missouri is at least fighting the N.A.I.S..

We can all fight, and there never will be as good as time as now. There are so many people up for election (or reelection) and we can make a difference if we write - e-mail or actually talk with them as they are out to get our votes.

Pat

2. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

I am unable to see anything at your link - tells me "Uh oh, something bad happened'.

My guess is you are linking us to an area of Yahoo that is paaword protected.....

--->Paul

3. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I have 3 printed pages that the best I can when I scan them is to cut them to is 600 K (about other options are even bigger), and I know I can only image here less than 100 k.

I wish I had gotten them attached from the original author. I'm not a good enough typer to retype all 3 pages!

Does anyone have any "magic" that will cut them down in size or tell me how to post them so y'all can read them?

Pat

4. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes, printed pages are quite large, and if they get cropped down to 100k, they will be too fuzzy to read.

OCR (often comes with a scanner) software could turn them into regular text. That couple wouldn't have a web site with thier info on already, or could you get the large files posted on photobucket or some other web site with access?

However, they might be copywrited, & so we run into that also.

--->Paul